I hope I don't have to go here

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Crockett

Reaction score
The last thing I want is to even consider a "Government Motors" vehicle, but if Ford doesn't do something about their lack of any products in the mid-size truck area, I might not have a choice. I don't want or need a full-sized trunk; that's why I bought my ST in the first place. Come on, Ford! Get with it!!

I don't know why Ford didn't outfit the Sport Trac with an Eco-Boost engine.

And your right, 99% of people don't need a full size truck.

Regardless of what happens, I'm not going to enable GM. The way I see it, I deserve an annual stock dividend payment from GM..and I am quite sure I'm never going to see it.

If you need a replacement small truck go with the Tacoma. I just bought my wife a 2013 Baja T/X and its a sweet truck all around. I still have my ST for daily driver and trail rig. Tacos may be Toyota's but they're built in San Antonio, Tx. Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon are assembled in Mexico and or Canada if I remember correctly which means less U.S. jobs, correct me if I'm wrong on this but the last time I looked at a door sticker on either it didn't say U.S.A. Built.

Jerry,

I agree with the Tacoma. A few months ago. I parked next to one at a local restrant.

His was a 4door 2wd sport, in silver as my ST.

We compared trucks, in and out. I really liked his. Just might be my choice when my gen1 dies.

The only thing I would change on the taco body is the grill. I dont like the bulkiness of it.

GM has stated before and the linked article repeated their plan to build the 2015 Colorado and Canyon in St Louis, Missouri.

Like others I hope Ford wises up and decides to build the Ranger here. It might share some components with the full size Transit van (they already share the 3.2L 5 cyl turbo diesel) and if so could probably be built in the same plant in Kansas City.

It would be a real shame for someone like myself who has been a loyal Ford customer for over 40 years to have to switch to another brand.

If GM is just putting new clothes on the new truck like the article says they are than that in itself is a joke as the Colorados and Canyons have to be the biggest piles of garbage to roll of a GM assembly line since the Chevette.

Nowadays if you want a midsize truck there is only one choice and that is the Tacoma. Toyota trucks are surprisingly more American than most people think.

Latest posts