I am curious if you watched Obama's speech?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think down the road fox people will.

I grew up in a military family 50s/ 60s, my dad always refered to people of color as the "N" Word.

I have never said that word as it had no meaning to me, alot of my friends were of diff colors if such a thing is possibe (have never understood, Black, white, brown)

My children 37, 31, 24,all treat people the same, I think the young generations are realizing that we are all one people.

Am 61, am also learning the same:)

Bill, My dad was one to make alot of racist comments about people of color. He was born and raised in the hills of Arkansas. I never took on his persona in that area. Not saying some didnt rub off. When I went in the Army and spent 22months in 'NAM. It changed my whole attititude on color. Actually I met alot of whites I didnt care for.

Also I worked hand and hand the last 25yrs on the job with a black man. I could not have asked for a better partner. For the things we shared about life and ourselves. We opened our life up to each other. We both feel as if we are family. I think that is the real key. Is for us to share life with our words and actions. Doenst mean you will always like everyone. Even from your own race. Not being afraid to share who you are bridges alot of gaps. We are all the same. We may have cultural differences. The only bad ones are the ones that tread on another.

My change of getting away from race profiling didnt come over night. But my eyes are wide open nowdays. I have no problem with our president being black. I have a problem with some blacks and whites making it a race issue.

Latest posts