1. Welcome to the new home for MySportTrac.com!

Please click here to find all the info about the move to the new site!

To access your account you will need to reset your password here

How many miles on your ST?

Thread in 'Reliability' started by Brandon W, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Evox

Evox Member

New here thought I'd add to this thread first.

256,585 miles on our '04 with no major work done to the engine or transmission components.

We've owned the car since new, changed the oil every 3-5k miles and the engine is smooth. This weekend I will be doing the first major repair as I'm replacing all the suspension components (e.g. upper and lower control arms, etc). It's been a Georgia car all its life so no rust issues, I expect the repair to go smoothly and restore the ride characteristics.

The only problem we had with it is we had a battery explode due to a faulty alternator. That was probably my own fault. It did screw up the looks of the paint in the engine bay.

Honestly, everyone talks about Toyotas being so reliable, this particular Ford would put them to shame.

2. gavin T

gavin T Member 2nd Gen Owner 4 Wheel Drive V8 Engine

do the first gen ST have the ford 2v engine? the 3v v8 in the 2nd gen and 6R60 trans are problematic.. its all this new electronic BS they put in cars just to charge more and make it harder for at home repairs.

3. Evox

Evox Member

I agree. I rather prefer the older more analog cars and trucks. Today, everyone is making disposable cars and trucks. There are more plastic components that get old and brittle. Designed to go together, but not be taken apart and repaired. New car and trucks infotainment screens and techno gizmos will make them look dated and ridiculous in 10 years. Drive them until their wheels fall off, and buy a new one.

I like simple things. Things that last. First Gen ST are a bargain right now.

4. Todd Z

Todd Z Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V6 Engine V8 Engine

Black is almost at 90K and blue is almost 125k...