high flow cats.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone changed the cats on the gen2? At 9psi, we are a little bottled up and will have to Change the cats and the pipes coming off the manifolds but if anyone looks the right side actually T's into the left side at 90degrees. An under pressure perfected flow it is not... Haven't seen this made before, ideas?

Found high flow Metalic Core Cats - add 15 hp on natural aspiration, could add or unleash 35 at 8-9 psi - Mandrel Bending a New Flow manifold back system next - does anyone know if F150 shorty headers will fit?

I'm working on the tuned length shorties from BBK for an '05-'09 Mustang. Just got all the dimensions for them, will have to measure. Its gonna be real tight!! Steering shaft is really close, according to the directions, undo motor mounts, remove steering shaft, jack up motor, squeeze 'em in. Should bolt up to stock downpipes/cats. Or cut those out an fit it with the small round unit from Magnaflow. Bob

good to know... I will buy a set then since we are re making the cat pipes. When are you doing your project? I am about a week away, I bought new stage 8 header bolts to avoid the infamous head bolt issues.

Make sure you're documentiNg the crap out of this. You're paving the way for others here.

Nocturnal STA had high flow cats. Not sure of model numbers.

SVT,

Good gaskets mean a whole lot also. I have no recomendation for the 4.6L. IMO a composition gasket using copper rtv. I never had a leak.

I also bought the stage 8's for my 'stang headers. The allen hole help me alot, to run them in. I ground and heated to reshape a 7/16, 12 point box wrench to tighten.

When I went to put the keepers on It was PITA. So I never did. Never leaked.

From what I have seen. Magna-flow make the largest variety, of high flow cats in many configurations. Make sure the internal catylyst is right is all.

I scooped up a set of JBA Equal's for a 2009 F150 and the shop and I both agree that it will be close. I know that this is the final piece on our power puzzle - The dyno guy is pretty pumped up because even at that max'd out 450 to the wheels this is a huge "must have" that he is excited about re-tuning. Wonder if we can tip the 500 to the wheels mark - it is pretty fun now - it shifts at peak entry on all gears and then shifts at 9psi on the meter -

Latest posts