hid lights - worth it

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi.. soon to be proud owner of 08 adrenalin... thinking about an hid kit... what are members opinions of them... worth it... ease of installation... single vs bi xenon

Any comments much apprecaited

So with the bi-xenon HIDs when you switch the high beams on it's just like using regular stock bulbs, you get more light output?

So where is a good safe & reliable place to purchase a bi-xenon HID kit and what is a good price? I know I posted a website myself but I don't know anything about their product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it off of eBay for about $130 shipped. and yes they're bi-xenon. If you go for the brightness, I would get either 5000k or 6000k. I think those are probably the brightest you can get.

I got it off of eBay for about $130 shipped. and yes they're bi-xenon. If you go for the brightness, I would get either 5000k or 6000k. I think those are probably the brightest you can get.

So where is a good safe & reliable place to purchase a bi-xenon HID kit and what is a good price? I know I posted a website myself but I don't know anything about their product.

No where.

FWIW, HIDs are illegal to run in vehicles that did not come with them from the factory. All you have to do is look at the above posted pic and see why...glare. Lots and lots and lots of glare. Glare is dangerous. If you're going to do it, do it right and retrofit HID projectors.

However, if you insist of getting them, at least make sure you get good quality components. You could get a cheap kit, but when the ballast or bulb goes out after a year, you'll end up having to buy another kit all over again.

As far as color, almost all OEMs run at 4300/4700K. Any higher and you're making light in a spectrum that eyes don't work well on. If you have three lights, one red, one white, and one blue, all shining at the same wattage, when viewed directly, most people will chose the blue one as being the brightest, even though it is no brighter then any other. However, stand behind the light source (like you are when driving) and pick the brightest bulb based on well it illuminates objects, and the white bulb will most often be chosen. The meaning? Don't be fooled into think higher temperature bulbs that produce more blue light are brighter smply because they look brighter when viewed from the front.

Or you could keep it simple, and much less expensive with Silverstar Ultra 9007 bulbs.

I agree. Im tired of being blinded buy Hids' on trucks in my city. Especially the blue ones..:blink:

Yes, thanks for the input and sorry dale I wasn't trying to hijack your post. I have silverstars in my ST now but am wanting something that'll put out a little more light.

Jumping into the thread as well...

I have the same question as raym2, where is a good place to buy a kit for the headlights and fogs?

Latest posts