HDTV 780p-1080i?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis Farris

Reaction score
I have had my HDTV for about two years. I recently saw a line running through the middle of it on ESPN. Then today when I was watching Nascar. I changed from 780p to 1080i, and it seems to have fixed it. What is the difference in the two, and do I need to change it to watch different things? My book is nowhere to be found, but before when I have looked it up, it was not help. Any help would be nice. Thanks!

If you have cable, you might a have a ground loop problem. Go to radio shack and ask for a ground loop isolator, coax in and coax out and put it in line on the cable feed. Sometimes you have to move to different places to get it to work, at the box or where it comes in from the street.

Gary D. in CT

BTW, if you can not find one I can send you one, they cost around $7/8.

Last edited by a moderator:
i is interlaced, where the picture is put up every other line, like a standard TV. First, say the tv places lines on the odd numbers, then comes back and fills the evens.

p is progressive, where the lines are basically filled sequentally. I prefer the 720p on my set, but others like 1080i.

There could be a problem with the decoding on your set. I would not worry too much about changing the settings for each program, pick the one you think loos best.

Latest posts