Hauling a snowmobile in ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Gau

Reaction score
Has anyone had success hauling a snowmobile in the back of a Sport Trac. Im headed from OH to WI next month and figure if I dont have to tow a trailer Ill get better mpg and wont have to pay for that extra axle across three states. Thanks for the feedback.

Snowmobiles usually are about 10 feet in length, and the ST bed no more than 5'6" with the gate down. You can ratchet it in with the front hanging out, but will need a few orange flags. I don't recommend it, though.

I've thrown a 9'6" kayak in the bed. Of course, it did not weigh nearly as much as a snowmobile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually seen a snowmobile fall out of the back of a Ranger. It was like a slow-motion scene in a movie. It hit the road and rolled at least a dozen times with parts and pieces flying everywhere. It seemed like it took forever for the Ranger to react and stop. Then the two guys in the Ranger RUN back to what's left of the snowmobile...like running is going to make a difference.

Anyway. I wouldn't dare try hauling a snowmobile in a ST. That is, unless you want someone to see some really cool destruction.

Latest posts