Has the corona virus affected your life??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still going down hill,,,, hopefully opening things soon, but people will be idiots and it will only go up..... business are permanently closing now..... We lost a few friends and 1 family member.....

Still going down hill,,,, hopefully opening things soon, but people will be idiots and it will only go up..... business are permanently closing now..... We lost a few friends and 1 family member.....
Sorry for your loss Todd. We live in a large county and the numbers keep going up . So many not wearing mask. So far we are ok wearing mask if we go out which is mainly for groceries . I know if we get it were gone to heaven . So far were still here .There are many R.V. factories open around here .I have one neighbor been off work now for a bout when this all started. He still is home but his wife went back to work . I call this the virus from HELL!

Last edited:
Being in the rural area that I am in, I don't know anyone personally who has tested positive for the virus. Elbert county population is around 20,000, and the last report I saw was somewhere around 70 confirmed cases, with the county detention center (inmates and employees) accounting for well over half of those. There have been 0 deaths.
Businesses are staying open, churches are starting to assemble in place, and restaurants beginning to open at 30-50% capacity seating. I'm praying for areas more seriously affected. We will overcome this as a nation, some areas may take longer than others. It does appear to be "seasonal" with the warmer weather and more direct sunlight helping curb the spread.

Todd, I am very sorry to learn of your loss of friends, and family member !!
I personally do NOT believe this country is completely ready to be opened up. Something that really scares me is kids playing ball, from different places. I realize that it is NOT easy to "just stay home". I get it. BUT the end result is final !!!!!!

Todd, I’m sad to hear of your loss of friends and family.

Was just curious of your location, your occupation, and if the virus has affected your life.

Here in S.E. Kansas, it has not affected me yet, and there are no known infected people that I am aware of.

I am a service writer for FORD dealership, and my wife cleans houses/offices.
Valdosta, Georgia here. I am the manager of a liquor store. Neither I nor any of my family have been affected at all. We have been very busy at the store during all of this and my employees are all safe as well.

I want to go buy a Royal Enfield Himalayan, but all of the stores that sell them within a couple of hours of me are not allowing test rides because of Covid19 and even if I could buy one, getting a plate for it could be impossible. But it would be the perfect toy while I'm on furlough for the Summer. Grrrr.

Todd, very sad to hear of your losses. No more worry s for them now. God will take care of them.
My island is up to 87 cases but no deaths.
God bless Ed

I live in a county with a little over 19,000 in population. We recorded positive case #82 this weekend. None of the cases have resulted in death, and only a few required hospitalization. We are very blessed!
My wife and I are still staying at home more than in the past, though we are not "afraid" to go out. My prayers go out to those who have suffered loss through this shutdown, whether loss of life or jobs and income. This pandemic will end, and things will change. But "normal" as we remember it is over.

Latest posts