Harbor Freight cargo bed unloader

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Hello, ST nation! Glad to see folks still actively participating here.

My local county dump has a great deal: For $5, you can get a big scoop of mulch that they process from yard waste. The current pile they have at the dump has been sitting for a couple of years, so it's really broken down and loamy. Great for gardening, and very hard to beat for the price. The scoop holds way more than the ST can, even with the bed extender, but the guy operating the scoop is a steady hand and can still get well over a half ton of it into my ST's bed. Problem is, it's a real bear to shovel it out. Takes me about 45 minutes to empty the bed, and it's a back breaker. Heavy lifting.

Saw a few reviews for the Harbor Freight cargo bed unloader. Looked kinda cheesy, but everyone who uses it seems to think it works well. Figured I risk the $32 (after coupon) and try it.

Holy cow! My back is asking where this thing has been for the last fifteen years!

b82f52a0665cf239d7e3415962c55ff8.jpg

The load you see above is on the ground about 2 minutes after I took this picture. Another few minutes to rake out the stuff behind the wheel wells.

The thing is very robustly made. I did have to fit it to the ST bed by trimming the dragsheet to 41.5", but it was easy to do. It installs in just a few minutes, comes off even easier. Has to be used without the rubber cargo mat, so the material slides readily.

If you haul rock, soil, mulch, whatever, in your ST, and want to get it out of the bed quickly, this thing is awesome.

That's awesome Rich !!! Glad to see your still putting the ST to good use !!!

Todd Z

Hi Rich,

Good to see you are still around..:grin: You need to drop in more often and say hello.

I get a lot of great items from Harbor Freight. Not fond of their electrical tools, but most hand tools and Air tools work well for the price.

...Rich

Hi, guys.

Richard: Good to hear from you.

Todd: Sorry to see the old ST go, but I like your new ride!

Mine is in the shop this week for a laundry list of maintenance, getting ready to be my everyday ride again. Really looking forward to driving it regularly again.

Latest posts