guardian gwc warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Stevens

Reaction score
i bought a guardian gwc warranty when i bought my sport trac the will cover it for 2 years or 27000 miles (IMO it should be a 2 year warranty with unlimited miles for what i had to pay to get it) but on the warranty it stated that any modifications such as suspention lift kits, towing packages, oversized tires as well as some other things will viod the warranty but it says nothing refering to nor does it say that body lift kits will void it. so are body lifts ok then? but i did just put a hitch on my truck a few months ago (already had a transmission cooler and 4 pole wire harness but no hitch when i bought it)... so does that mean i voided the warranty by adding that hitch on?

Without over sized tires, the body lift will look funny. Trust me, I had to ride around like that for two weeks. So, it may not void the warranty by definition, but to make it look right you will have to do something that will void it.

As for the hitch, probably. If I had to bet, they'll look for any reason and any stretch of their definitions not to honor what you paid for.

there is a law in effect that makes what they are telling you illegal. I don't recall if it is a state law or what... these are the games that they play, which is why i don't buy that warranty stuff.. call the BBB or do a search on this... the towing package came on all tracs... stock... hitch could have been dealer installed- stock. body lift is not a suspension lift... threaten them with a lawyer, but be prepared to follow through...