Got KYB Gas-a-Just shocks installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
one the front to replace the Monroe Reflex. I'll give better feedback in a few days, but just driving around the block they seemed to feel good. I will recommend jacking up the front end does help the installation go much easier. Now I just have to get the ball joints done. :D

As soon as the weather breaks, the Monroe Reflex go in the trash and I am getting Bilstein shocks.

Tom

I am very happy with my reflexes....

Maybe something else went wrong causing them to go bad....

Todd Z

oooooo... Mr secretive.....

Summit Racing sells them, but I don't know if they are the cheapest. So, when the time comes to buy the shocks, I will search for the best price. When I find that price, I will buy them.

No secret, I just don't know where I will buy. I guess whoever wants my business, they better mark thier price low.

Tom

Any shocks are better than the stock ones. I was a doubter too, until I replaced mine!

Best to replace the shocks the day you get your SportTrac. Best money spent in a long time!

I replaced the Monroe Refex in the front because they have been on for over 2 yrs. & have around 45k miles on them. I replaced the rear Reflex over a yr. ago, with KYB Monomax, because one of them went bad. We went out tonight and put about 30 mi. round trip & so far I am very impressed with the KYB Gas-A-Just, and they have a much smoother & more consistant ride. :D

GM uses Billstein as a stock shock on almost all their cars and trucks. Monroe and Billstein are very similar. KYB's are very good as well. I replaced mine with Monroe Reflex's and the ride is excellent compared to before. One side note, Billstein aftermarket shocks tend to be on the stiffer side and may produce a bounce happy ride. My friends have Billstein's and say they would never put them on their vehicle again.

Latest posts