Got a Good Battery Deal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
My 4yr old 5yr Advance Gold battery, has been getting weak. Only holding 11.7 volts after 24hrs @ rest.
So yesterday I went to Advance auto, with only 1yr left on warrranty. I estimated the replacemnt @ $125.
To my suprise the manager refunded, the full amount of the gold price from my 4 year old purchase. Gave me a veterans discount.
I upgraded to the Platinum AGM battery for $55.25 with tax.
I have to say Im a happy customer.:)
I never had an AGM in a car or truck, but. I have a 4yr old agm on my elec start generator. With a cheap HF float charger on it. It still starts.
A BIG "KUDO's" to Advance Auto.......:):)
Eddie

That's fantastic Eddie. Nice to hear a large auto parts chain can go beyond the call backing their products. Hawaii currently has three CarQuest locations that were recently acquired by Advance. Years ago my store of choice was Checker. Not anymore, once they changed to O'Reilly's most of the the name branded quality product turned into house branded crap and their prices went through the roof. Rant over. Must be lucky, my discontinued Diehard Platinum P-2 AGM (Group 65 930 CCA) still measures strong. Bought it 12/09 after Todd Z recommended it. One thing I know is I'll replace with another AGM when the time comes. Never going back to lead acid batteries.

Steve, Im glad to hear your success with your AGM. I hope mine is the same.
I can say the advance gold did outlast, the last few az golds, I bought. They went dead, between 3 to 4 yrs

Latest posts