Goodyear Blue Streak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Hovater

Reaction score
I am looking for a set of tires for my wifes minivan (chrysler town and country touring). I called one of the shops and he said he had a set of goodyear blue streaks for 368.78 mounted, tax and all. I tried to look up information on these and all I could find is that these are some sort of racing tire or from that line. They are rated at 60,000 miles. Not a bad price I thought but was wanting some input if anyone had other information. ( and yes I know these are goodyear.) oh, 215/65/16"s and he said 225/60/16"s will fit. Thanks all!!!

Tried that. not there. The 225 is just alittle wider that the 215 factory tire that came with the van. I am looking for info on the blue streak tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
ask to look at the tires to see if they are hi perf tires.

if so, i would consider something else for that type of application

The 225/60R16 will be going 59.1 when the speedo is at 60, where a 235/60R16 will be going 60.2 mph (closer to the same speed as stock).

The Blue Streaks appear to be a vintage tire... or maybe a sub-company of GoodYear... dunno... haven't heard much about them.

What speed rating/UTQG/temp/treadwear/traction ratings do they have?

Vehicle: 2006 HONDA Civic

Miles Driven on Tires: 20,000

Driving Style: Cautious

Driving Conditiions: Combined Highway/City

Would buy Tire Again?: no

10 of 10 people found the following review helpful:

I bought these tires after my car's stock tires developed problems due to alignment issues. These are without a doubt the worst tires I have ever experienced on ANY car EVER. I can feel every glitch in the road with annoying harshness, and the tires are noisy even on smooth pavement! Turning and cornering requires extreme effort and the car has lost it's previous fun-to-drive nature. I would not recommend these tires to anyone.

:huh: I dunno... doesn't sound to good... but considering it's on a Civic... could be any type of driver reviewing it there.

340 for treadwear is downright lousy for an all-season tire. Looking at the tread, hard to believe it would have a "H" (130mph) speed-rating.

What characteristics are you looking for in a replacement tire? Better handling, long treadwear, ride quality, all-weather traction? What's currently on the van?

Thanks all. I am looking for something that goes on a minivan that has my wife and 4 kids in. I want a good tire for a good price. Thanks winc but it dosent say what kind of tire it is.

Latest posts