glasspacks installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got the Glasspack dual exhaust hooked up today, and it's not that loud. I payed around $237 with taxes. I'm happy over the setup, I have them exiting behind both rear wheels and pointing down, but i'm not too happy with the sound. i think i'm going to take it back tomorrow and tell them to install flowmasters instead.

Give it time, Glass packs will get louder. I remember thats what you wanted. After they burn out, it will be louder than flowmaster.:)

I remember back in the day when guys would pour a bit of gas in the glasspacks, give it time to soak into the fiberglass and then take ride down the road to burn them out. Before the younger guys ask why would you do this, I'll answer that now. Burning them out gives you the loader straight pipe sound but when the PD pulls you over for the noise you still have a newer muffler under the car.

Cliff

I was pulled over once because the officer thought my car was too loud. I could actually show him how I had just put new mufflers on that same day! He asked why I picked such loud mufflers. I told him they were the cheapest the shop had! Those were the only glasspacks I ever owned, and they were replaced along with the entire drivetrain later that year, when I upgraded from the stock 351W 2bbl to a built 390.

I get enough of people with 'woofer domes' blasting down my neighborhood street without someone with glasspacks adding to the noise.

Latest posts