Glad to have my ST back

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Lynas

Reaction score
While my ST was in the body shop, I drove a 2010 Kia Bolero (High end model) and it so good to be back in my 08 ST. The Kia handled nice but very rough riding. The few things I enjoyed about the Kia was the power adjust steering wheel. That is a better solution over the movable pedals. That adjustment range/position was very cool. I liked the in dash nav but the actual nav unit sucked.

I am sure, on racing road circuit, my ST could beat the Kia if I were driving both. The road noise in the Kia was way worst than the wind noise in my ST. I hate my brakes in the ST. I hate the brakes so much, I nearly sold but after driving a King Ranch F150, it made me reconsider the hatred I have for my brakes. The Kia also had a mushy long pedal travel brake action.

The Kia had 800 miles on it. It was filthy and looked like it had 20K on it. The plastic trim was very faded. It already needed mothers back to black lotion. My 08 just turned 30K and is as clean as the day it rolled off the assy line. Chassis and suspension still kept in pristine condition.

The Kia had a full gauge dash and really wish Ford had that.

I would not buy a Kia if I were looking for a SUV. My bride has a Highlander, and I would not but one of those either. There is just something to be said for rear wheel drive and a body on a frame!

"I am sure, on racing road circuit, my ST could beat the Kia if I were driving both"

"I drove a 2010 Kia Bolero". i think you are referring to the kia borrego

based on the a comp of both (V-8) the kia would beat the sport trac hands down.

kia borrego 15.5 1/4 mile - .78 lateral g's

ford sport trac 16.5 1/4 mile - .65 lateral g's

being that yours is a V-6 there would be a larger difference.

i know the feeling of getting back into your own vehicle. mine was in the body shop for a week and i just got it back yesterday.

Latest posts