Gibson Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnmaine

Reaction score
I just bought a gibson exhaust. Now these exhausts are are suppose to fit to your original catalytic converter. I didn't install it yet but I just realized that I'm connecting 2 1/2 to 2 1/4. At the Cat. Has anybody had any gasket or flange issues? I seethe flange has a oval hole to fit to a smaller or larger size. Im concerned with the gasket if I'm going to have a good seal when installed.

Thanks

My '04 magna-flow cat back, is the same. 2.5 to 2.25 re-used the factory gasket, no leaks..

I have a Gibson, it went on just fine on my Gen 2. No problems at the flange other than I needed two shorter bolts and springs because the Gibson flange was thinner and closer to the headpipe flange.

JohnnyO, Mine is a gen1 not 2 Gibson flange is 1/2 thick. Original bolts are 3 1/2 in long. Gibson gave me 2.25 in long bolts no springs. So my concern are not bolts. I can substitute for something else. My concern was the gasket and a good seal. Because of .25 difference in OD.

Eddies04, seemed not to have a problem.

Last edited by a moderator: