GEN 2 ZABTECK THROTTLE BODIES!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Do I have your attention?? Lol.

We have teamed up with a new machine shop that is willing to only do the aluminum Gen 2 throttle bodies for the 4.0 and the 4.6!! These will be the same as previous brand-new Ford throttle bodies that will be modified. The only difference is they have achieved 2 extra millimeters on both the v8 and v6 due to Ford's new casting so we are not shaving the shaft to try to keep some of the cost down because unfortunately they will have to sell for about $550 shipped in the US.

We would like to do a group by offering $25 off hoping to get a minimum quantity of 10 purchased.

The group buy would require prepayment as soon as you're interested and please understand we're going to end the group by probably January 15 or so and it's going to take at least 4 to 6 weeks from that point to get the throttlebody shipped to you.

If you have interest or any questions please feel free to PM me so we can get this going!!

Also I have one GEN 2 4.0 V6 throttle body with 20,000 miles on it for sale asking $275 shipped!! Yes it came off my truck as I've installed one of the newer ones for testing.

I also have posted this on the Facebook pages so that will help get the group buy numbers up !!

SEE LINK OR <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< GROUP BUYS UNDER RESOURCES !!

Let's keep it going!!!

Keep on Trac'n !!!!!

Todd Zabbia

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure how many miles you have on the new one but what is your impression so far? same? better? worse? also depending on funds after xmas I may be interested in the group deal.

It is money well spent.

zabteck.com does good stuff IMO!! 🍌

Last edited:
gary,

There was, Not now....

Todd Z

Chris,

Doug ( Nocturnal) did dyno his and the others we have had the 4.0 and 4.6 made 6-8 RWHP bolted on a stock motor and up to 14 on a Supercharged and tuned motors.

The sheets are floating around..... The noticeable increase is throttle response and top end WOT power.

Todd Z

AND a noticeable increase on highway mileage!

Last edited:
Allen,

We are close as we have it advertised on other sites as well.

If its not met we will either return the money or just do them any way :) ( probably just do them any way as we have 5 people so far paid. )

Chris,

the Xcal computer flasher, re calibrates the computer changes transmission shift points, overall performance increase.

Todd Z

For those on the fence: Do it. I have one on my 2010 V8 Trac, along with a K&N CAI and better-flowing Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 muffler and removed resonator. Throttle response tremendously improved with this mod. After I installed the TB, my wife took the Trac for a drive, and I hadn't told her about the mods. When she returned, she asked me what I'd done to it, because it startled the hell out of her when she stepped on the gas at an intersection! :grin: :driving:

I also had one of these on the 2004 STA that I owned from 2004-2013, and I have one on the 2008 4.0L V6 Mustang that I currently own, so I can vouch for the products that Todd sells.

GO FOR IT!:supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd, I have an X4. Do you provide a tune for it or do I need to see Torrie?

I currently run a 91 Octane "Tow" Tune which helps a lot, except for Throttle Response...

With a tune it will probably be even better.

Last edited:
Chris,

No additional tuning is needed. Torrie's tunes should have the library

For the extra air.

Todd Z

The group buy is closing to an end !!

Even though we don't have enough for the Min we are honoring it anyway and on the 15th want to get the order in to ford for the new tbs !!!

So we need those who are going to purchase to please make your payment asap !!!

On the 16th the price goes up from the group buy price.

Thank you !!

Paypal Friends and family to :

[email protected]

OR to use Credit card

http://www.zabteck.com/pay.htm

Thanks.

Latest posts