Gen 2 Tires And Lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
Got the Truxxx strut spacer lift last year. Stock size tires are wearing out so it's time to get bigger ones. Truxxx says it will fit 32's so I was wondering if anyone has used that lift with 265/70-16's and how it worked out. Pics?

I don't have the same lift as you (I used Rancho Quick Lift coil overs) but I am using BFG 265/70-17s on '99 Mustang Cobra wheels. The overall tire diameter is 31.6". Basically the same as a 265/65-18 but the 17s are a little less expensive. The Mustang wheels are forged and have slightly more offset than the cast 18" factory Limited wheels and they have the same hub bore diameter. The factory finish on the Cobra wheels even matches the silver trim on the running boards and roof rack. Zero rubbing issues even when towing my enclosed trailer (which is not the one in this photo).

Was there a factory 16" wheel option on the gen 2 Tracs? I'm guessing they will clear the brake calipers but it might depend on the wheel design. Also, a 265/70-16 tire in the same brand is about 1" smaller in overall diameter so you would have even more fender clearance than I do.

Just keep in mind that any change in tire diameter will probably affect your speedo readings and it requires a re-programming of the computer to correct.

378a12f0818283472bea9310b10cce7a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts