• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 1 sport trac help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlthess40

Reaction score
I have a 2002 ST 4x4 . It came with the simple sound system so no subwoofers.
I’m in the middle of lining up all of my audio gear and have been making all my cables from scratch. Yes I custom make power cables and speaker, and Signal cables , balanced and unbalanced. So I’m in the ( getting ready part of build )
Here’s my problem, I have the panels off ( behind the back seats) so I can designer a few different sub woofer boxes for there. This is been opened up for quite a long time. What I’ve noticed on the left side corner in that area, driver side of vehicle. What are you have noticed that when it rains water is trickling down from behind the panel that still left on the side of the window. Any thoughts of where this could be coming? Has anyone experienced this? I know that water is dripping down at this spot, I have some mdf places there and it gets water damage every time it rains for more then 15 minutes. Could it be from the roof rack? Or the window seals ? Please help. Lol.
My truck is starting to stink from the water damage. Also I can see the moisture on the inside of my windows when I come out to my truck in the mornings, or in the daytime after it’s been raining and also I have witnessed the dripping of the water coming down from behind the one panel on the left side of the back window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the stop light seal. Or if you have a sun roof, the drains are plugged. If I remember correctly. When I removed my roof racks. My threaded inserts, are hollow. So if a seal fails, water can leak around the threads. Also the inserts have a rubber seal where they are crimped to the roof.
This is just some of my thoughts. Not a confirmation. Good Luck.

I’d start at the third brake light and work my way down. They are known for leaking in these vehicles.

Third brake light, Rear window seal missing ( common) window leak, Roof rack leak.

Latest posts