• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gas prices drop below the $2.00 limit.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
In the market for a tank of gas. I fill up only once a month.

Checked the lowest gas prices at akrongasprices.com. We finally broke $2.00.

Sitting at $1.98/gallon.

Glad the economy is failing. Gas prices are coming down.

Tom

Gas prices are falling because our economy is in the dumpster. It's hard to get excited about $2 a gallon gas when my 401k has lost almost $100,000 over the last year. Oh well, less wealth I will have to spread around.

I agree with the election comment (also concerned). As far as the economy being in the dumpster, I think it's been that way for a while, but now we're actually starting to see the results.

Guess what happens after the election. Thanksgiving and Christmas ( traveling time). The gas levels out then start to rise again. around here is still a average of 2.70.:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Still 2.15/gal here in NE Florida. Hopefully the gas stays down, but don't know after the election. :(

It's hard to get excited about $2 a gallon gas when my 401k has lost almost $100,000 over the last year.

My pension plan is rock solid and I have SS to fall back on. I am not worried.

Tom

Well I'm glad your pension is going great. Guess that means America doesn't have to worry about a recession after all.

This issue can and does bring mixed emotions..

Depends on your view.

Yes,, my market stuff has suffered, but I am young and it will return and during this low time, I have bought THOUSANDS of shares of stocks.

Further, everything is more affordable and yet my paycheck has not decreased. In fact, I will be getting a minimum of a 3% raise and a probable 8.5% on top of that.

And in my case, most money spent on fuel is reimbursed via my vouchers.

So yes,,, we are looking at some hard times over-all, but one on one, some of these things are actually good for us common folk...

I can see how others do not feel the same way for very legit reasons. But for me, these times are just find for now...

coastie,

same here. just landed a 13% annual increase. (thank you in part to the wise choice of a particular auto manufture, toyota :D )

but you still need to be careful and make sure you still are prepared for some "rainy days".

don't take anything for grantd, because it could be gone tomorrow.

tom,

the only thing rock solid is your empty table :lol:

I live in Houston and work for a division of GE Oil & Gas. At our monthly meeting, our division chief said the forecast is for $40.00/barrel for crude by January '09, that would be about $1.50/gal for regular.

It has nothing to do with politics, it is strictly supply and demand.

If it was political, you would have to think that BOTH would be screaming at the top of their lungs, "SEE,,, LOOK WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU..."

The price drop is not due to the upcoming election.

I really think this is another "it's the economy stupid!"

Prices always come down after the summer and dip to lows before the winter heating season kicks-in in full.

And this year's low is made lower because of the economy. Crude is trading low just like everything else, and big gas companies are dropping their prices at the pump even faster than usual in reaction to keep the demand up, so as not to "kill the golden goose" (we consumers).

That's my theory anyway.

TJR

Latest posts