Game On!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Cannon

Reaction score
Anyone going to an NHL game tonight? I'll be watching the Preds start the climb to Central Division Champs against the Sharks tonight.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about going to the Capitals game tonite. I chose to go on my B-day instead when someone else can pay! Lets Go CAPS

Flyers vs. Rangers on OLN. Really wish Comcast and OLN would broadcast a HD channel. Regardless of how the broadcast looks, I'm confident that the flyers will look great against the Rangers. If the Flyers play to their fullest potential and avoid injuries, we are looking very good at making a run at the Stanley Cup. Welcome back, Forsberg.:D:p:wub::cool::blink:

I added the smiley faces because that's how I feel. Happy, excited, goofy, in love with the game and whatever else I chose. GO FLYERS (and the EAGLES too)

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Goin to the season opener to see the my Panthers beat the Thrashers. As a player and fan I can't say i agree with the new rules, but the game is back and that is all that matters.

-Tater:cool:

I am concerned with the rules, as well. I have played hockey, as well, and can appreciate a tight checking 2-1 victory. Goals are great to see but think about watching the all-star games when the score is 9-7. You can get up by 2-3 goals and not have to worry too much. Maybe this comes from my affinity for soccer where I will commonly watch 90 minute matches and see 1-2 goals. Fortunately for you, Tater, you don't have to worry about Kovalchuk or Heatley in this matchup. Look out for Hossa, though. Florida will need Olli to have another strong season. Florida could make the playoffs this year in a weak Southeast division, IMO.

So far the predictions say Florida is a bubble playoff team. I may be a little biased but id have to agree. We have some great veterans that have been added and some strong returning players. This no red line allowing two line passing really bothers me. It really promotes cherry picking. Where is the skill in that. I like to see well developed plays and a strong defense. I don't wanna see 10 goals. Also icing is now optional, who came up with that. (wow no I got myself going) BUT...what really makes me mad is this new "tag-up" system. You can go offsides as long as you tag up before returning to the play? This is rediculous. All Im saying is that a great sport has been turned into a production. There is no skill left, just big guys with a slapshot and a bonecrushing check. Its about the appearance to the general public. But by trying to appeal to people that don't like hocky, they are turning away their loyal fans by cheapening the game. Im going to stop now. Im sorry, ,but I needed to get that out. Just my two cents.

-Tater:cool:

This "new game" will open the door to the European players who are notorious for their speed. I think the bigger players will struggle more than in the past years because of the inability to clutch and grab. People who can shoot the puck (i.e. Hull, Modano) could have added a few more years to their careers because of this. I actually like the tag up offsides rule. It will allow the game to keep moving. I do like the "if you ice the puck" you can't substitute players rule. That will keep tired players on the ice, especially late in games when trying to protect a lead. The cherry picking rule (no red line) will make things very different. I remember mocking Lemieux for hanging on the boards at the red line. He was a great cherry picker. I'm cautiously excited about the rules. I hope the game doesn't become arcade-ish where goals are scored left and right. As long as these rules help get a Stanley Cup to Philadelphia...I don't care. At least it will be more entertaining than the Devils old defensive system.

Thanks Tater...got me going too.

I'm with hefhay. The Flyers, OLN and some cold beer. That's my evening. With the addition of Forsberg and Hatcher along with the young talent they already had, it's going to be tough to beat Philly. In my opinion, Simon Gagne will have a break-out year. Primeau and Brashear will keep the toughness factor and the Flyers will be heading to the Stanley Cup.

MK ..... The "other" Mark

On the one hand, you've got the return of the (infamous?) Canuck "big line". That could be a whole new thread, right there... GO TODD GO!

On the other hand, you've got the premiere of the Great One, Wayne Gretzky, as an NHL coach. This guy IS hockey in Canada, if not hockey PERIOD. Look, yet another another thread. ;)

As for tonight's game in Vancouver, you can't lose either way. Should be a very entertaining night for those lucky folks attending a sold out game.

Kruncher

Getting past the actions of both sides (players and owners) over the last year, it's great to see them back at it.

Go Sox...er I mean GO BRUINS...tho I think they are losing since I am watching the Red Sox...nope-tied game right now...:)