Fuel line to my fuel filter were cut. How do I fix?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2002 sport trac and someone has cut all the fuel lines to fuel filter. I need help to fix it.
I cannot afford to go to a mechanic. We are barely getting by now. We bought the fuel line barbs and we also got these blue fuel line unions (what a joke).
How do I get the barb in the fuel line under the truck. I have gas dripping. I don't have a garage to use. I do have a floor jack that we use and we place it on a patio paver.
How do I get the barb in without using a heating source that will ignite the gas?
I have watched youtube videos using hot water but I don't have a way to keep the water hot.

Last edited:
Hair dryer..... or have to go compression..... Can you take a piece of rubber fuel hose and slide it over the plastic like a foot and clamp it like 7 times??? not too tight.... put a fuel filter in the middle of the rubber??

Otherwise do you have mobile mechanics by you??? a neighbor that works on cars ???

These forums are gonna be tough to get any physical help as most people are not close enough to come there....

I never have understood why Ford and Mercury, from 1999 to mid 2000 , Used so many different types of fuel filter connectors. On similar and same FI systems.
My Moms' 2001 grand marquis used white plastic keepers. Then the hose slides off the filter nipple. Our 2001 escape had to use the spring release tool. Our 2008 esape used the spring release tool on the filter inlet. Also had a steel safety clamp, that breaks when released. Then a hose clamp on the filter exit. I have seen many other combinations of clamps on various Ford products during that 2000 decade....o_Oo_Oo_O...Helping folks that brought their Fords to me. I never knew what it was until I looked at it. Sometimes same car same year....o_O:mad:o_O:mad: