front rotors are STUCK

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Corn

Reaction score
Help please. I cannot get my front rotors off. I tried a rubber mallet, a 2x4 with a real hammer. PB Blaster. Finally, and to the death of me, I tried a trick I found online where I put a 3/8 inch bolt in the caliper holes, and with washers and nutz, tried to apply pressure that way. Well my bolt got bent on the inside of the rotor (thought it was coming off, nope!) and now since the crappy metal ace hardware sold me, its so warped on the end I cannot get the nut off.

Any ideas? I trying to remove it with brute force, but I ultimately slip and have smashed 3 right knuckles to a bloody pulp...

FML

On a 2x4, 2wd gen1. The rotors and hub are one unit. You will have to pull the dust cap and remove the bearing castle nut. Then remove it bearings and all.

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks, do you have any idea how big that nut is in the center? I see now what your talking about, but do not have a big enough socket to fit. Largest i have is a 16/17 inch.

Thanks, do you have any idea how big that nut is in the center?

1 1/16 inches. I had to buy one at the car parts store. They might have one for rent. Rent a torque wrench, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts