Front and rear map/dome and glove box lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Kent

Reaction score
Until today my map/dome and glove box lights were all working normally. Today no lights when I open the doors, use the switches or use the dimmer now on the dash. The overhead console is working fine otherwise, including the compass and power sunroof. All other lights are ok and working as are all other dash switches. I checked all fuses inside the cab and under the hood and nothing blown. I checked the owners manual and nothing references a fuse for the map/dome lights. Is there a relay or hidden fuse I am missing someplace?

battery junction box--fuse 1 (60 amp)

central junction box--fuses 25 (7.5 amp)

26 (10 amp)

1- (7.5 amp)

if those are all ok, check for power at the light socket,

it's possible a door ajar switch has stuck. only other things are circuitry or gem

Lloyd,

Thanks for the info. I had checked the fuses visually looking for a blown fuse but did not see any. #26 was blown but did not look it while still plugged in. Took care of the issue.

Another example of how great this site really is. I have not had the same experience on several other car boards for different brands. Fred

your very welcome. like I always say, " You can't pimp with broke shit'"

ps. all the info that I give is directly from the actual shop manuals.

Latest posts