Ford Vehicle Security System

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegas Sporty

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Anyone have experience with the factory/dealer installed security system. (F7AZ-19A361-AA) Does it have an ignition kill option? I'm having unexpected engine stalling after several stop and park errands. Is there an easy way to disconnect? It's a 2001 SportTrac. Can it be out of sink and need to be reset? Would be interested in anyone who has had similar issues with these security sysyetms.

is it just stopping, fighting to run, loss of electricity or engine puttering out ? There is a master fuel shut off switch, as far as remote maybe a bad battery will sometimes send a wrong code, change out both remote batteries for a start.

Thanks. I'm have researched several topics about the factory ford dealer installed alarm and It does have an engine immobilizer feature. I did order factory Ford Relays and replaced them all. The old ones were all OEM from 2001 and never changed. So maybe there was a faulty one, fuel pump, ECM, ignition, etc. . I did see a topic about reseting the alarm by putting key in drivers door and turn left and then right it's its supposed to reset. Will try the next time it get this stalling issues. That may narrow it down to the alarm. In my past posts I have turned this truck upside down and have spent years looking for this needle in the hay stack problem. This truck is not my daily driver so it's became my hobby.

I've always heard that if someone bumps you (intentionally or not) that there is a sensor that can shut the fuel pump off. The reason for this is if you're in a wreck, the fuel pump shuts off so as not to feed a fire with gasoline. I heard it said that scoundrels will hit your vehicle to stop it for criminal intentions. On my '07 ST, the reset button is in the passenger kick panel. On my daughters old Mustang it was back by the hatchback. Not sure if this is on all FORD vehicles or not?? Not sure if it's true or not. I did get bumped a bit by someone who was a foot or so long on stopping and it didn't do any damage to the truck. So, it must take a pretty good hit to trigger it?? Maybe though yours has an issue or became more sensitive?? Who knows. I'm no car expert but resetting it in your ST might reset it and cure the problem.....probably not. Todd or another experienced member can chime in with a more expert opinion. I think a reset like that should be a bit closer to the driver for safety reasons.

Like Tim asked, can you provide more detail about the situation when it stalls? Driving down the road at partial throttle? When idling? Going around turns? Right after starting? Does it start back up after stalling? Also, do you have any stored trouble codes or check engine light? Intermittent problems are the worst!

Steve

If it cranks and runs, it is not the security system built in by the factory.
I would look at the fuel pump and it fuel filter and see if you are getting fuel to the injectors.
Factory and dealer installed security systems are 2 different things.

Stalls and stumbles after driving and sitting 10 minutes in hot weather. Once it dies completely it will start right up as if nothing happened. But once I put it into drive it begins to stumble and eventually stalls again. It feels like an electrical problem. I'm on my 2nd fuel pump as well a list of other parts over the years. No codes are coming up. I cleaned ground straps contact points around engine area. So I think I may have found the problem. I was looking at the OEM fuses/relays box and checked all the fuses. However all the relays are from day one (2001) and have never been looked at or replaced. I took each one out and didn't notice any burning at contacts. I noticed the fuel pump and the ECM has their own relay. So ordered 6 new ones (two types) from ford dealer and I installed. So far so good. I read somewhere that relays will fail intermittently. So I'm hoping this will be the needle in the hay stack I've been looking for.

Latest posts