Ford ESP (Extended Service Plans) MYST 10% Discount!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info! My lease is about to expire on my '07 2WD Limited, and I'm thinking about buying it with an ESP. I checked the Ford link you gave us, and it said that a 7/100 with $50 deductible was $1715. Would it be cheaper to buy from you, or negotiate it as a part of buying the Trac in a few months?

TIA

Thanks for the info! My lease is about to expire on my '07 2WD Limited, and I'm thinking about buying it with an ESP. I checked the Ford link you gave us, and it said that a 7/100 with $50 deductible was $1715. Would it be cheaper to buy from you, or negotiate it as a part of buying the Trac in a few months?

TIA

dcpmark

How many miles are on your lease vehicle exactly and when did you buy it? What is your VIN and what kind of warranty did you price out with the website?

I should be able to beat it.

It's got 31,500 miles....but I priced it at 36,000 miles, because I won't know until close to then if I'm going to keep it. At 35k my service guy is going to go over it with a fine-tooth comb for me. It was purchased 5/07, and is due back 5/10, so I won't doing this until March or April of 2010. I priced out the PremiumCare ESP on Ford's website at $1715 with 7/100 and a $50 deductible.

The question is, do they have more room to discount the ESPs if you are buying the car off-lease? I'd think in this economy not too many people want these, and you could negotiate a pretty good payoff that might INCLUDE the warranty. Am I dreaming?? :D

You're dreaming :)

You also cannot negotiate your lease end purchase amount. You already did that at the lease contract inception and the price is in your contract. Basically you can't negotiate your lease at all. You can on another pre-owned vehicle.

If you leased in 2007 when the values were really high, I can only assume that you could get a better deal on a vehicle that is not the unit you actually leased. Your residual value is very high from 2007 and the new adjusted residuals are much lower now. Meaning, you may be paying more for your own car than you would for another just like it that isn't under your lease contract.

These ESPs don't have massive profit margins.

I really can't give you any pricing info because it would be different in 2010. Your vehicle will also not be eligible for a new car plan at that time because it will be past or right at 3 years of age.

You would have to do a used vehicle plan and they are significantly more expessive. They are still a great value but doing it while under the new car plan will save you close to $1000 depending on the plan.

If you really plan on buying this vehicle for the amount listed in your lease contract + sales tax in your reg area...you need to do the ESP sooner than later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it. Thanks for the info! I will definitely be making the decision about a month prior to 5/10, so if I'm at 35 months since new I should still qualify for the new car plan, right?

As for lease negotiation, I was under the impression that Ford would rather the lessor keep the over-valued car, rather than take the loss from the adjusted residuals, and are willing to reach a compromise somewhere between the old residual and new residual. There is no way I will pay more for a car than it is worth.....ever. After all, I can always just walk away from the Trac and get a new one.....:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts