factory subwoofer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan Lipinski

Reaction score
Hi i am going to put a factory sub in my 2004 st. i read the project on it and it seems very easy to do but i just wanted to ask those of you with the factory sub, how the sound is. i only have 4 door speakers upgraded to infinity and they sound great but need a bit more bass, do you think i will be happy with the factory sub, i don't feel the need to be going going the street and having the truck thumping the whole neighborhood but a little more base would be better.

if any of you could let me know how the factory sub performs that would be great, and i will be upgrading to a pioneer 3200dvd so that should help also.

thanks

you are just like me and many others. the bass output from your speakers and factory sub should be sufficient to your liking.

thats good to know because i put infinaty 6832cf speakers in and they are great but need a bit more bass so i hope the new radio and the fact sub should be good.

the funny thing is i am 18 and still don't like the excessive thumping of sh!tbox hondas with more $$ spent on subs then the car is worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
the funny thing is i am 18 and still don't like the excessive thumping of sh!tbox hondas with more $$ spent on subs then the car is worth

Evan: That is a funny statement! I like it! I feel the same way

'07 ST:banana:

I built a box that fits behind the seat with 2 3 way 6x9s and the sound is real good. The base hits and and good sound in the ST. Not window jaring next to me. All sony.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Evan, im about your age, 20 to be exact and i dont like the window cracking, rearview mirror shattering, deaf before your 50 sound systems. basically the stock premium sound systems of these newer model cars is enough for me.

let me know how it works out for you when you install your factory sub. I have an aftermarket headunit and i bought the factory sub and simply plugged it to the socket located behind the passenger sidekick panel. it didnt work for me and i thought it was just a plug and play.:angry:

Try to get a wire harness from another member or a salvage yard. When I first did the project it was $14.86 for the harness. Now the cost is something near $100.00..

i thought it was plug and play too, maybe the voltage is different, the stock sub voltage is i think 5 volts and most after markets hu put out 12 volts so maybe a voltage step down or a resistor might do the trick.

Latest posts