factory ride height

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there!!New to the site!Just browsing some other forums and came across raising the front of a Sport Trac by simply adjusting the torsion bars.Seems like a very simple adjustment and I understand the how and whys of doing this.I read not to exceed 2 inches on a 4x4 vehicle ,which is fine.My question is what is the factory setting so I can adjust from there,not from where I am now,as I believe I have some sag on one side versus the other-left side 33 3/4 from ground to bottom of fender lip,right side 34 3/4 from same point.Just want to possibly get front end up a bit to look more level.Thanks for any input!Kevin

Keep in mind, adjusting the front affects the opposite REAR corner. LF up = RR down. Check alignment after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Left side - driver and fuel tank side.

Front Ride Height

New vehicles with less than 500 miles: 113 mm +/- 11 mm (4.4 in. +/- 0.4 in.)

Original parts: 101 mm +/- 11 mm (4.0 in. +/- 0.4 in.)

Replacement parts: 113 mm +/- 3 mm (4.4 in. +/- 0.1 in.) <-- (This 0.1" seems odd.)

Rear Ride Height

159-179 mm (6.3-7.0 in.)

I don't know for sure, but I suspect these measurements are from the top of the tire to the bottom of the wheel opening. However, there were different OEM tire sizes and you'd have to account for tire wear, [Edit] as well as sidewall flex, so I would not measure from the ground.

^ They do but not much. Upper bushing hex sleeve bottoms out on the lower flange causing flaring shown in the link below. (Pics in posts #1 and #10)

Latest posts