Extended Warranty for an 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Koelling

Reaction score
My 07 is coming up on 3 years and 30k miles. It's a V8 with the standard transmision problems that everyone seems to be noticing. Mine has had the program updated and seems to be doing fine.

My question:

What is the opinion of this group on the long term reliability of this truck?

Is the the tranny going to die before 100k miles due to this shifting issue?

The rest of the truck seems solid and I would probably not buy an extended warrenty

for the rest of the truck.

I plan to keep this one for 10 years.

Thanks

:unsure:

I have the V8 in my 07 and I will NOT buy an extended warranty. My intentions are to get 150K plus out of my ST.... If I don't get 100K+ out of my tranny then it will be the last Ford that I ever own. After having owned several cars that have given me 200K plus miles of extremely good service, I refuse to keep a vehicle that I have to start dumping money into prior to 100K. I have a 1994 Honda Accord (my daily driver) that just hit 250K miles a week ago and still going strong. My wife's Infiniti has 110K and only problem i have had is 1 TPS sensor, and that's it.

So in my opinion you should not have to buy an extended warranty. If you feel that you do, then maybe you should start shopping for another vehicle....that's what I will do and it won't be a Ford.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the 6 year 70 some thousand mile FORD warranty when I bought my ST. I hope I never need it but if I do, I'm sitting good. The 36,000 mile factory coverage sucks and doesn't show much confidence in their product. This will most likely be the last vehicle I buy for myself so the cost will be absorbed over the long haul for the extended warranty. I don't know that I'd buy a non-manufacturer warranty though.

'07 ST:)

Latest posts