exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray moyer

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possble to get dual exhaust on a 05 sport trac???

i have been to every muffler/exhaust shop in clarksville and they have all said no because of the gas tank and the brake lines and the spare tire.

does anyone else have dual exhaust on a 05 or older ST?

:(

Go somewhere else. You won't get true duals, but you can run a single in/dual out muffler and have dual pipes coming out the back.

yea, i know i cant get the true duals but i just want dual pipes at the end.

right now i have a glasspack and love the sound it gives, but i want duals cuz the one pipe on the side is killing me, looks to stock...

so i deff want dual at the end.

lol every muffler shop in clarksville has been hit by me...

one dude told me it was cuz of the tire and i just left cuz ive seen duals with the tire still there....

the brake line makes sense but i know it can be done, but... should i try buying like an exhuast insulator??? ive seen them on jcwhitney.com but not sure....

your opinion my friend?

Take them pictures..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
check out the pics in my library .. i think it looks much cooler if you can cut out the bumper a bit to tuck the pipes under a bit ... i've got a flowmaster 50 delta on now (had the 40 series for a while but was much louder) .. the tips are slash cut gibson stainless steel 4" i think:)

:lol:wow... dude, your right, that does look really good...

dang.... well i kno where i will be driving around to this weekend!

reaper, if you need any hints as to how to do the exhaust like i did mine let me know ... basically, what i did was remove the rear bumber plastic/cladding (i painted my grey cladding black to match the rest of the truck) and you'll see that if the muffler shop is able to place the exhaust tips really close to the main heavy plastic rear bumber, once you use a dremel and cut out a half-moon shape in the plastic cladding, it will look like about half of the pipe is recessed into the bumper/cladding, and half the tip is under the bumber .. i used nice big 4" gibson slash cut tips, so the sound is sweet ... i would rec. using the flowmaster 50 delta series, as the 40 series is much louder ... any questions, let me know:)

what about some cherry bomb glasspacks?

would those be louder or the 50s flows be? cuz i had a 40s and cut it off cuz it wasnt loud enough....

man, i really like how yours is cut and set up... its different and makes it look really sweet...

reaper, yeah im sure the glass packs will be louder than prob most of the flowmasters ... i dont know where you live, but here in nj its hard to get away with glass packs ... heck, i brought my truck in for inspection last fall and they failed me b/c my exhaust was too loud! needless to say, i brought it to a private shop and they didnt care about the exhaust noise ... you can prob find online the relative loudness of the different exhaust ... i know the 40 series i had was three times as loud outside the truck as the 50 series i have now, and the level that you could hear inside was about twice as loud ... the only time the interior level really bothered me was when i would be cruising around with my in-laws in the back seat ... ha ha ha ... my stereo system is so loud that i dont hear anything anyway:)

lol

hmm... well im in clarksville and pretty much.. there are no laws that state how loud exhaust can be... and we dont even have an emissions law in effect yet lol

so pretty much anything goes...

i want it loud, like i want people to be like "Damn Rays on his way!" lol but i dont want it to be like a fart can on the 4banger cars....

what do u suggest bro?

oh, what would sound really deep and prett loud but not overwhelming inside, im going to have a baby girl soon and i dont want her crying in back every time she is in there.

Reaper, this bolt on kit will fit your '05. Ignore the '02to'03writting. The mufflers are glass packs in the tips.

Last edited by a moderator:
well ill be a monkeys uncle, im on that site and never saw that... dang...

hmm... well ima see if i cant get the goobs at the muffler shop to do it so itll only be like 100 or so... and if not screw them ill do it!

Reaper, if they ask you the year of your trac, say '03. I have had trouble with them wanting to sell me stuff I know would fit, my '04...

lol

who would ask me the year? jcwhitney? or an exhaust shop? no one at the shops has asked they just look under and say that they cant install duals cuz of the tank and brake lines