Exhaust system backpressure

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was me that mentioned the Flowmasters. Flowmasters give you that "sound" that everyone is looking for but by design are restrictive due to them being chambered. A Magnaflow will typically provide better performance due to it's straight thru design but also provides a more mellow, deeper sound wheras the Flowmasters are more in your face and raspy.

Realistically though you aren't going to get much of a performance boost by swapping mufflers and the difference between the 2 brands powerwise on a stock vehicle is probably negligible so just go with whatever sounds better, tube sizing is the more important factor anyway, too big and you lose bottom end and to small you gain bottom but lose top end. I have alwasy wanted to do what Infiniti does with tehir exhasuts, they provide a cutoout in the muffler that remains shut to keep the idle quiet but opens up on accel to let it flow...and they usually don't sound to bad either....for a 6 banger

Latest posts