Exhaust Leak, help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Cogar

Reaction score
I have a exhaust leak. I guess. I do not know much about it. Does anyone know how i can fix it? Can i fix it? Or is this something i have to take into the shop.

I like to consider myself pretty handy. So if you think it is hard to do...have faith and let me know how to fix it.

In the pictures i have an arrow pointing to where the leak is. The other picture is just a close up of where it is. Let me know what you think guys! Thanks.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a new dohnut gasket for it. If it is a ball and socket fit (without a gasket). Find a beveled dohnut gasket that fits.

Dohnut or donut gasket? Maybe you could help me find a part number so i know what i am looking for. is it like a O ring? or.....i dunno

Bob, has a good Idea. Meineke or a known muffler shop. Will have an asortment, Of gaskets. Parts store also. But that looks like the gasketless, ball/socket design. If so it will be a guessing game to get the right one.

Plus a second look at the pipe. It looks very rusty. They may need to fab another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it leaking water or exhaust ??? thats a angled donut in there, the springs on the bolts keep it tight.... NO one carrys the bolts and springs yet alone the gasket but Ford can order.....

I usually make up my own set up from universal parts and have no issues..

IF its just water and NO noise, Don't do a thing... Save the money and leave it alone..

Todd Z

Rockauto has new bolt and spring kits, and a new donut gasket. The part numbers are 9095 for the gasket and 4973 for the spring kit. AP exhaust, $3.95 gasket and $8.12 for the bolts. I had to replace mine due to wear and a vibration at about 65 mph. Put new on and it went away. Shop manual says not to reuse the bolts and springs.

Mike

Latest posts