Exhaust Installed!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Well I got the flowmaster dual outs on today, wow, I thought that from inside it sounded pretty ricey, but when I got my buddy to rev it a bit, and stood out back, it aint ricey at all... cant wait to get the intake on there.

The install was very good, however, I think I had them stick them out a littl far, its even with the top part of the bumber, and I might have to take it back and get them to push it in an inch or 2... or atleast even with the bottom part of the bumper.

Ill post some pics later ;)

any noticable gain or loss or torque or anything? My buddies gas mileage increased after he put his on! what size of pipe did you run?

Dallas

Well here are some pics... as I said I think I want to get them pushed back a bit, cause I dont know if I like it the way it is...

This is a Flowmaster Single 2.5" in, and 2.25" Out x 2, 3" SS Magnaflow Tips.

It snowed today, so its pretty messy ;)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

As for performance wise... I can tell a slight difference, seems to not have to work so hard to get you where you are going. I dont have my intake yet, but should be here for friday.

The sounds is NOT ricey, I thought that it was from inside the vehicle, but once I was home and got to hear it better, it sounds mean!

I like it a lot! Other than I want the piped pushed back more into the body, probably 2-3"

Thanks for the help everyone, another great peice of advise from people that went with this setup!

Hey Chris,

Looks good! I think I would agree on the push back an inch or 2 idea! I noticed you're from Alberta.. where? I'm in Calgary! Any chance your computer ends in JXV3? if so... hehehe ;)

im in calgary too ;) and my computer is JXV2 ;)

Ya, so now that I got to actually DRIVE the truck since I got it on, I have a couple comments to change ;) The take off power seems about the same, but once you hit second gear, man it keep pulling, almost like its going to squak the tires a little... Definately can tell on that part.

The sound is great, I thought at first it was a little too loud, but now I hear it and it just sounds mean, and this is one case where mean is good ;)

I am going to take it back tomorrow. I HAVE to get them shortened. I can stand how far out they are now, but it is what I asked them to do, so I cant blame them.

I think I might get some new 12" 2.5-3" tips and put them right back on where these are so there is no messing around, ive also considered the side exit... just because I think it would be easy for them to do, since I am not getting side step bars(recent decision).

Well, there will be more pics tomorrow!

im in calgary too and my computer is JXV2

thats a downer.. i just got my xcal2 a month ago and could've programmed your trac.... oh well, Wayne will get more biz now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam, The Xcal is not transferable from vehicle to vehicle. IT is VIN number locked to your truck only...

Todd Z

I had the exhaust pushed back 3-4" today, and in towards the middle 1" on each side today, ill post pics when I get home! :)

The exact Flowmaster part # is 9425422 - Its 2.5" in ,and 2x2.25" out.

It cost me (In Canadian Dollars)

$100 Muffler

$80 Tips (18" 3.5"Round SS Magnaflow)

$300 Install

and

$60 to change it today ;)

Wow that's a lot of money for installation. Mine was $120 but that included a spring bolt kit and gasket. Without that it was $75. What made it so expensive?

Looks very nice though, so money well spent.

Well here are some dark pics of the changed exhaust, MUCH happier now... I like it a lot.

I had them move them towards the middle 1" and into the bumper 3-4"

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

What you think?

Why wont the pics display... the URL is correct.

EDIT:

There we go, forgot the http:// :)

Latest posts