exaust advice for the new kid

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're his only interested buyer in the last three weeks, then stick to the $100. You've definitely got the upper hand in this deal. Tell him that's all you can afford to pay. Remember, he needs to sell this more than you want to buy it.;)

At $100, it makes your time to pick it up, costs for gas and installation, and wear and tear on your Trac for the trip much more worth your while.

Like I said, if it doesn't work out, you can still get a brand new custom Flowmaster system installed for anywhere between $120-$200.

You're pretty sure that's the cheapest system you can get? Dude, everyone who has posted in this thread has offered you alternatives and proven pricing that you can get a better deal on new equipment.

It sounds to me like you're excited and really don't care if we can advise you against or for this guys exhaust. You've already decided you're going to buy it.

TrainTrac, as usual, is offering you some great advise man. You're his only offer and he is going to hold out on $20 after sitting on this thing for 3 weeks? No way. Make him go to $100 and meet you half way. It's worth that. The pipes are in good shape and it comes with the intermediate pipe to delete the resonator. I also looks like the hangers are already in place so that's cool also.

I'd invest in some high temp paint and some sand paper and clean the muffler up a bit. Maybe get a few more years out of it if you protect it.

well im going to go to a local exaust shop before i finalize the deal and see what their prices would be for a new system and installation compared to buying this used system and installing it. thanks so much for all the advice guys im going to do some looking around before i settle with this.

This is how long it has been for sale.

See the the sellers library in the link.

Most likely he has been following this thread.

DMH Electric Exhaust Cutout imo. $199 + shipping. You can keep all your factory exhaust and paypass it all with the flip of a switch. Unleash a crazy deep pulsing exhaust! The best part is you can tune it and shut it off!

I love mine!

You can buy whatever muffler you want online, dirt cheap (I think I got the muffler online for about $40-$50), then take it to your local shop and tell them to install the new muffler. With the place I went to (Midas), they let me listen to it with the resonator, but in my opinion, just go ahead and tell them to get rid of it as they are replacing the muffler. My place only charged me about $100 for labor and the small piece of pipe to replace the resonator.

Also, if you want, they can install a new tip for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts