Ex Coworker got killed in a car crash

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our laws here are like the Calif. ones, the pedestrian has the right of way. He was originally charged with failure to yield to a pedestrian and careless driving. I don't see how they couldn't keep the failiure to yield stuck on him, even if she "did step backward off the curb in front of him" (which makes no sense, I never saw her step backwards off anything). Plus that means she would have been heading the wrong way as well.

Olaf, I remember the death of your girlfriend. Didnt know the details. That really sux. Hard to understand how the court could be so nieve. I hope time has begun to bring some peace to your heart.

God Bless you..

Martin, I have always been taught the pedestrian has the right of way, here in TX. The only way out for the driver is if it is crosswalks with walk dont walk lights for the pedestrian. If they step into the street on a dont walk light, it is jaywalking. The court then has an option for dismisal. Providing the driver was sober and observing speed limit,etc.

Eddie,

Your right, if someone is in the crosswalk, cars must stop. Up here most people just stand on the curb and wait till the cars have cleared then begin to cross the crosswalk. This being in areas where there is no traffic light.

I have seen several times where someone does begin to cross and cars don't even begin to try to stop. I really wish they would install flashing lights on all crosswalks were there is no traffic signal. I guess life is not as important as the cost of the lights being installed in these locations. Up here, it usually takes someone to get killed at an intersection before they do install a traffic light if it's a busy intersection.

Regarding the coworker who got killed.....I looked up on Googe where it happened and it was in a country section where there was a "T" intersection. The 18 year old was driving a 1996 Ford Van and failed to stop at the stop sign coming out from a residental street into the two lane highway. So, Kirk must have been going at least 45 mph when this kid came out onto the highway. There was no stop sign for the road Kirk was on, so he had full right of way and prob didn't even see this guy come out from the side street.

Bullard, now 22, was found guilty intox. manslaughter yesterday for the crash death of Kirk Cook from 12/28/2008.

Bullard, now 22, was found guilty of intoxicared manslaugher with a motor vehicle of Kirk Cook on 12/28/2008. God Bless all who have suffered, and will suffer, in this horrible incident.

Latest posts