Ex Coworker got killed in a car crash

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
A guy I used to work with lost his life on the way to work yesterday.....news report below :(

A 41-year-old man was killed and another man was seriously injured in a two-vehicle crash in Rowlett Tuesday morning, police said.

The accident happened about 6 a.m. at the intersection of Merritt and Hickox roads near Sachse, police said. Darrell Wayne Bullard, 18, of Garland was driving east on Hickox when he ran a stop sign, striking the side of a 2002 Dodge pickup being driven by Kirk Cook of Rowlett, police said. Mr. Cook died at the scene.

Mr. Bullard was taken by CareFlite to a hospital. His condition was unknown late Tuesday.

First, sorry to hear of it. It is only worsened as it seems it was not his fault.

Sometimes it is very hard to understand how things work in our world.

Sorry for your loss...

I hate how the people that cause the crash usually survive and the people minding their own business get killed.

Martin, sorry to hear it. Sad that he was not at fault. It blows my mind to see people run stop signs and red lights. Prayers for the Lords peace for his family and friends. This is not a good time of year to have to deal with it.

Sad...All it takes is a fraction of a second to take someone's life and negatively change the lives of all who know and love him forever...

Be safe and drive responsibly (coming from tonight's designated driver) :D

des,

sorry for the bad news. :(

echo, the statements above about the person who was careless.

a real thorn in my side is drinking and driving.

i have ZEREO tolerance for it.

Thx guys...... I'm pretty angry and sad at the same time. This guy was well known and liked by ppl at the company. He quit the company I was working for about a month before I got laid off to go work for another one.

Anyway, if yall are out and about tonight, please be safe and watch out for the other guy....you never know.

Have a happy new year.

My condolances to his family.

Last summer, a co-worker for 15 years who I came to be great friends with bought a Harley on Friday and was killed coming to work on the Harley the next Monday. I dont think I will ever truly get over it. He was one of a kind......... the best kind.

Sorry about your friend......I too have had a friend killed on a Harley back when I lived in CA. I got hit twice when I used to ride, but luckly was able to limp away with just a few scratches. After the second time, I sold the bike.....never to ride again.

I don't know exactly how the crash occured or what kind of car the 18 year old was driving, but since he ran the stop sign, I wonder how it did happen. Don't know if he even survived the crash since there has been no further update on the accident.

Because of this, I'll be watching when I come up on a stop sign to see if someone is on the cross street. Just a few extra seconds could mean the difference between life or death. Everyone just assumes that ppl will stop on a four way stop intersection or a traffic intersection.

Thanks again y'all for your thoughts and comments....

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year.

They come in threes...

Three people I know died near these holidays:

1) Brother-in-law's father-in-law; died in his sleep.

2) Elderly lady at our church, was the church secretary for almost 20 years; retired then died a month later.

3) 49 year old father of 4 sons, 2 of which are in my son's Boy Scout troop. 20 of the boys from the troop went to the funeral in full dress uniform. Very sad.

TJR

I've tried to dig up the 'dirt' on that 18 year old that hit him, but can't find anything posted anywhere.....I figure since they had to air lift him out to a hospital, that he was pretty messed up from the accident.

I too believe things happen in three's.......they always have in my lifetime.

If the circumstances warrant, that 18 year old may face manslaughter charges.

Yeah right, just like how the careless jackass that killed my girlfriend somehow walked on all charges. :angry:

Back in Dec 06 she crossed three and a bit lanes of a four lane road in a crosswalk, one guy "didn't see her till she hit the windshield. It was light out and and she had on an orange jacket. He was charged with multiple things, but then he lawyered up and his lawyer came up with "maybe she stepped backwards off the curb in front of my clients car" Due to no witnesses at the scene that cast enough "reasonable doubt" so that the crown didn't want to pursue the charges.

Seems those damn lawyers are always able to turn things around and the guilty have more rights and allowed to walk.

Here in TX, we have crosswalks, but the driver still has the right of way. In Calif, if someone is in a crosswalk, the driver must stop and yield to the person crossing the street.

Latest posts