Even CNN wishes the "global" Ranger was in the US

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To bad ford is more intrested in the $$$ margin of the f-150.

IMO give it time they may wake up and introduce a revamped(emission legal) version here.

If they dont. When that day comes I will be a brand changer. I Dont and never will need a full size truck.

If I did. Size per size, why not get a f-250. Not much difference.

Must say I liked the third gen (67-72) El Camino, but that "thing" on page two is ATROCIOUS. :throwup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking ... to bad none in the US. I dont want a F150 but running out of choices.

I did drive a Honda Ridgeline. Nice truck but I'm not a fan of the looks. Guess I could learn to like.

I love my sport trac but honestly whats the point of getting the same mpg as a bigger truck but being able to do half the stuff. Plus I'm tall and the ST is too small for me. The best thing a mid size truck has over a full size one is that I don't need two parking spaces. That Ranger looks like a newer ST anyway, not sure why Ford didn't combine the two models here in the US.

I suspect that Ford does not want to go the route that GM did....Too many models that were similar in size and function, with often just minor trim differences. GM carried it to an extreme by making different versions of the same vehicle for each GM Division. In the end, they became their own worst competitor.

I suspect that is why Ford dropped the Mercury brand since every Mercury models was just an existing Ford model with minor trim differences.

Chrysler appears to be looking at bringing back the mid-size pickup truck and thinks it will sell well. That is probably based on the fact that nearly all mid-sized pickup trucks have been dropped by the other manufacturers. That would let them corner the market on mid-sized trucks and they probably will sell well because there is little or no competition...and there are a lot of Die-Hard MOPAR fans out there.

...Rich

I really wish someone from Ford read this: I will not own another Ford Pickup after my Sport Trac! I bought my Ranger in 1994 and loved it, drove to 200,000 miles and gave it to my dad when I bought my ST in 2007 and it is still on the road. I like the ST, but would have preferred the Ranger quad cab. I DO NOT want a full-size pickup truck like the F-150. Again, I do not want a full-size pickup. When the day comes to get rid of the ST, I will probably go with the Tacoma!

GM also has plans to build and sell the next gen Colorado here in the US. Latest speculation is that it won't be on sale here until 2014. At least THEY have a plan while Ford still has their head up something trying to convince people that they really should buy an F-series even if 90% of the people who buy them don't really need them.

It's all about profits and keeping the F-series sales crown. It has nothing to do with giving customers what they want and need. Ford will eventually offer a smaller than HUGE truck but they won't change anything until the market forces them to. Why should they?

When it comes to trucks its the 1980s all over again as far as Ford is concerned. Just sell whatever makes the most profits and don't worry if customers defect to other brands that offer what they want. In the meantime they make 500 different versions of CUVs that can't even match the old Ranger's sales figures. And we get to choose from one size truck: HUGE Ridiculous. :angry::sad:

How about a Gen2 ST with the Ecoboost 3.5L. Now that would be nice. I'm finding that I have to replace my 2001 ST with a Used 2008-2010 ST because I don't want a full size truck. My 2001 is going to my Son.

Anyone driven the "new" explorer? Drives like a minivan. So Ford gives us basically four suv/crossovers to choose from, and one truck. If they neglect the ford brand like they did the merc and Lincoln brands, they will revert to the also ran car company they were in the 1980's.

The Colorado is ugly, the expensive Tacoma has trabant-looking tailights (ugly east german car), Nissan's get expensive to maintain as they age, the Suzuki Equator is a Nissan, and I cannot stand the Ridgeline's bent looking bed rails and front wheel drive power train layout, which eats motor mounts.

Give me a 2013 Eco-boost STA

How about a Gen2 ST with the Ecoboost 3.5L. Now that would be nice. I'm finding that I have to replace my 2001 ST with a Used 2008-2010 ST because I don't want a full size truck. My 2001 is going to my Son.

Anyone driven the "new" explorer? Drives like a minivan. So Ford gives us basically four suv/crossovers to choose from, and one truck. If they neglect the ford brand like they did the merc and Lincoln brands, they will revert to the also ran car company they were in the 1980's.

The Colorado is ugly, the expensive Tacoma has trabant-looking tailights (ugly east german car), Nissan's get expensive to maintain as they age, the Suzuki Equator is a Nissan, and I cannot stand the Ridgeline's bent looking bed rails and front wheel drive power train layout, which eats motor mounts.