ESP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Sport Trac's warranty is coming due. I'm looking into the ESP. Has anyone had any good or bad experience with this? I'm trying to figure which one is best. Thanks.

Tyco,

Here is my suggestion:

Send me $100/month for the next 18 months. Send me repair bills you get for "NON-WEAR ITEMS" the next two years. If they total over $1800, I'll pay the difference. At the end of 2 years I'll keep any balance.

Deal?

P.S. I'm kdding above, but my point is, that you may want to consider just socking money away for "little things" and if any big things start to come up consider dumping the truck before they become costly. (people will call that a dirtball move, but I personally don't like to throw good money after bad, and I'm not suggesting you NOT disclose issues).

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as it's not just the powertrain ESP they are an excellent value. Honestly, a powetrain failure is extremely unlikely. I would opt for a PremiumCare or a ExtraCare.

Tyco Mike, You may want to look at the coverage offered by AAA. We bought coverage for our Audi through AAA. The policy is underwritten by Mercury Insurance. According to Mercury's website, they have been selling mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) since 1975. I've satisfactorily used the service a few times for about $1800 worth of repair work. The policy seems to cover everything.

I had a USFidelis one on my ST and the Ford Gold Extended on my wife's Mountie. Both were used at one time or the other, and both seemed to work out well. $50 deductable on both. My wife's got used more since the Mountaineer was a POS. Otherwise, both were worth the money.;)

Tyco,

I did purchase the high end ESP for both my Trac and my wife's Explorer.

I used some of my ESP to the point of selling it at 70,000 miles.

But we used the hell out of my wife's ESP for her Explorer. Had several little issues that added up to near 6 thousand dollars of repairs. Having the ESP we just didn't care. Dropped it out, got a loaner, picked it up when it was fixed..

So it is a gamble, but in our case it was worth it.

Latest posts