electrical rants!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason vocaty

Reaction score
ok for the third time had to fix my turn signal again! this time the brake lights also. It seems that anyone that uses there tilt steering often at least on an 03 is going to have this problem. i have reinserted the "plug" taped up the plug and today i finally cut the tape holding the wire loom in place and rerouted the wires if it happens again im going to epoxy them inside the plug once for all!!

My tilt wheel is set so the steering column appears to be straight and solid. That is, it's not tilted up or down from the "central" setting. I can count on one hand the number of times I've used my tilting mechanism. And I've never had a wiring problem. My suggestion: Stop tilting the tilt wheel if it's that big of a problem.

Maybe some tie wraps would help as well. I never use the tilt other than the first time I set it when I bought my truck.

I might as well not use mine, it seems that the tilt in a ford doesn't have as much movment in it as a gm vehicle. Don't know if that's good or bad, just different.

Latest posts