DVD player in Headrest

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leon Webb

Reaction score
We do a lot of traveling to take our 18 month old to see her grandparents, it's about a 3 1/2 hour drive each way. I was thinking about getting the headrests with the built-in DVD/screens. The ones Crutchfield.com has is made by Visualogic and it only fits the 03 and up Explorers. Does anyone know if it will fit a 04 sports trac. It say it will not but alot of things are interchangeable between the Explorer and sport trac. I'm willing to make minor modifications if necessary.

Thanks

I think you actually have to take the seats apart, their covers off and all, in order to remove the headrests on an 04. Are you willing to do that?

They might fit, and they might not...a lot of work to find out they don't.

TJR

You can remove the headrests on an 04 very easy. I installed Clarion 6.5" screens in both my headrests myself with 600kms on the odometer. I put the DVD player in the center console. It was a little scarey cutting into a brand new truck, but I figured if I screw up I only have to buy new headrests. You will have to open the bottom part of the back rest leather to fish the wires through.

If you have installed stereos or any electical stuff in vehicles before you should not have any problems.

If the hearest monitors you are buying are complete and compatable with the ST seats, it would be very easy. No cutting required.

Okay, I have to ask...HOW do you remove the headrests on an 04. I have an 04. Do they just pull up and out? I tried that, it didn't seem to work, and I thought I heard others here say that to replace the headrests you had to take the seat covers off, but now that I look back at previous posts, maybe that's only for the rears.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts