Driver Door Lock Switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Driver door switch does not work i.e. it does not lock or unlock any of the doors. The door locks/unlocks just fine with fob, keypad, or passenger door. Only fails to lock/unlock with the driver switch. All other doors work fine .

Note: Switch is fine as it works in passenger side.

Note: My driver door actuator is new and works fine.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
The drivers master switch I assume. Had a similar issue in a different brand of truck. Replaced whole switch and good to go! Could also be an issue with the pins not being fully seated on the plug on the back of the switch.

Could also be a broken wire in the door jamb of your driver's door, I know cause I had this same problem and that was the case, pretty simple fix.

Box - I like your thinking but I already checked pin going into connector. All seemed fine.

Chad - You referring to the 2 wires visible down near the hinge when the door is open (maybe 12-10 gauge)? I did notice two nicks in the insulation but wires appear enact. If yes, were your as I describe or worse?

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember though the master unlock door switch can crap out but the other switches work fine. That is what I was referring to with my old vehicle. Good luck bud!!!

There is a rubber boot between the drivers door and body that wires pass through, I had a broken wire there that was keeping my switch from working, once I fixed it, no problems since.

This is on the other site but this write up explains it well, especially 2nd page.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255318

I purchased the driver side switch assembly for a 2003 and it turned out to be a wire in the boot inside the door jam. Let me know it you want to make an offer on the switch I have here.

picture of switch is in my library

I tested my switch it is good. so it puts it on the wiring in the door. I just havent pulled the boot apart.

Latest posts