Door Lock Issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Its been so long since I've been on this site that I apparently don't have a user ID any more, so I created a new one.

So I had a battery die on me, I think a big portion of it was because of corrosion on the ground wire. New battery, cleaned terminal, and now my auto door locks won't work from inside. My FOB will work to unlock the Driver's Side door ONLY.... won't lock, won't set off the horn, nothing...

Any ideas on what is going on here?

THANKS!!

I did... Unfortunately it didn't do anything. I've checked all of the fuses I know of, and they all look fine. Like I said, I can't unlock it from the inside using the buttons on the door either. The keypad doesn't even light up right now.

The keypad doesn't even light up right now.

Bad ground? Do the internal lights come on when pressing one of the door keypad buttons or the fob unlock button?

If yours works like mine, the first press of the fob unlock button unlocks only the driver door and the second press unlocks all doors. It seems that the second unlock button press activates a separate circuit or relay.

Pressing the "3-4" door keypad button after entering the code (that unlocks only the driver door) will unlock all doors.

The lock and unlock buttons on the inside driver door lock and unlock all doors, also, and it seems that this would activate the same "separate" circuit that does the fob second unlock button press.

It seems that the various methods to unlock all doors is related.

I'd look for broken common wiring and I'd start in the flexible conduit at the driver door hinge area.

See if these help:

<a href="http://mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1350664&REPLYCOUNT=8" target="_blank">"Need help"</a>

<a href="http://mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1349795&REPLYCOUNT=4&sitename=mysporttrac" target="_blank">"Electrical issues..."</a>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts