Door Keypad

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
My ST is a 2005. My stupid door keypad stopped working in about 2007. Today I finally pulled the rubber boot from the wiring harness in the door jamb and there was a broken wire staring me right in the eye. Fixed the wire and the keypad works as good as new.

If anyone is having trouble with windows, locks, the mirrors, speakers etc check this boot for broken wires first.

/

My ST is a 2005. My stupid door keypad stopped working in about 2007. Today I finally pulled the rubber boot from the wiring harness in the door jamb and there was a broken wire staring me right in the eye. Fixed the wire and the keypad works as good as new.

If anyone is having trouble with windows, locks, the mirrors, speakers etc check this boot for broken wires first.

/
Forgive me for my unfamiliarity, but what does this mean?: "pulled the rubber boot from the wiring harness in the door jamb".

Thank you.

Look at the front door hinge. There’s a rubber boot that has door wiring in it. Broken wires inside that boot are common.