Door in bed?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Hagan

Reaction score
I just bought an 07 Limited a few weeks ago and notice that there is a door in the bed all the way towards the cab. It's about the width of the whole bed, and a foot tall. I've yanked and pulled and pried on this thing but it will not open. Is there something I am missing? You can see this door, opened, in the linked image.

CARGO AREA FEATURES Cargo management system (Page 132)

Last edited by a moderator:
on some 07 there is ahndel release under the side bed rail.....

On newer sts it has a twist lock on the door.

Todd Z

I wish mine had that release handle; or that the twist lock was on the driver's side of the door. I can barely reach it with my finger tips, and I'm 6'4''.

I leave it unlocked because I can't get any torque on that knob without jumping half way in and balancing my midsection on the the rail.

Nearly useless feature. Not one of Ford's better ideas. I have tow straps, ropes, jumper cables, etc. in mine. I am certain that when I need to use them that I will have a load in the bed to unload first, probably gravel or mulch.

Wish Ford could have made use of all that room under the rear seats. It would be perfect for some slide-out storage bins, or some storage drawers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts