Don't Flame me, racial profiling

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary,

If you are talking first person, AS MY GUN OR I COULD HAVE PREVENTED Columbine from happening, then the answer is no. I live in Ohio and Columbine High School is in Littleton Colorado. No I do not hang out at schools. I have a job to go to and I work very hard at my job being the best I can be.

I could prevent something like Columbine from happeneing at a location that I am personally at, such as a bowling alley, amusment park, movie theatre, etc. Even more important is that I have the opportunity to protect my life where ever I am at.

I know this is confusing for you to understand and you feel the need to take everything literal. Unfortunatly, for someone that can not spell literal, this is very ironic.

btw, please let me know when you were a faa repairman (??????), what aircrafts did you work on so i can stay clear of them !!!!

I worked on private and corporate jets and aircraft. I am not at liberty to say who's birds I worked on due to privacy issues. If you seriously think I did not do a professional job with the proper training, I feel for you. You are one sick individual.

I am not against the right to bear arms, but I do think that people who are unstable shouldn't be allowed to own them. By the way, I am sure the founding fathers didn't intend this right to be used for vigilante justice by the citizens.

I can not recall any instances of vigilante justice used by responsible gun owners.

Of course, since you want to talk about the founding fathers, lets not forget that women were not allowed to vote and blacks were property. All men were NOT created equal.

Tom

caymen, i hope your day will come, you talk the talk, but you have never walked the walk.

in civilian life i held a gun on a person, one time, in my garage, about 1980, he had no weapon, i was scared spitless, not of the person, but of what i was capible of doing to this person, killing is not to be taken lightly, it is one of the most difficult things a sane person will ever do.

I had alot of oppertunitys to kill people in nam 66/67, could not do it, was a corpsman, was only issued a sidearm, in a firefight, in a small village, i shot alot of chickins, pigs, goats, water buffs, could not shoot a human, honestly was never in a position to do so.

Your a newbe gun fanatic, I will gaurantee, that if you were say in church one sunday morn, packing your heat, and some nut case came in the door and was blazing away, you would be on the floor, on top of your wife to protect her, wishing you wore a diaper.

Life as you see it on television, is not reality.

bill, so true !

then don't say your gun COULD have prevented columbine.

you drift away from the topic and claim you "no" what you are talking about, not the case again.

as far as my spelling, check yours as well.

english major or faa repairman ? , sounds like you were the maytag repairman .:smile0007:

but then again, you have to keep that a secret!!

this is done, have a happy new year :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice I have avoided this one...

It is interesting to read, but this is one of those times that I simply can not participate. Some of you know why.

Gary,

I am not defending anyone or their comments, simply making a point.

That said, I do think it is pretty low of you to throw some comments out there and THEN say ... Ok, this is done.

In my opinion, you could have just manned up and said it was done and lets move on. You would have been in position to gain some respect.

Please, do a search on my name and you will be VERY hard pressed to find a post where I call someone out. I can recall one other time and that was nearly five years ago.

And in this case, I am ONLY doing so as you throw stones and then say were good.... Kind of confusing or unfair I believe..

kevin,

the comments between tom & myself have been going on for years.

tom & i are big boys and have no problem voiceing our opinions when we disagree.

ok, if it makes you happy, this is not done :smile0005:

as far as you judging me on respect, i am not losing any sleep of your opininon.

so, if you are the type of person who does not speak their mind, so be it.

don't make comments about people who do.

happy new year

By the way, I am sure the founding fathers didn't intend this right to be used for vigilante justice by the citizens. Instead, I see it as a very important power that the citizenry has to protect themselves and our country from outside invasion and also to prevent a future where a tyrannical government takes away the freedom of the people.

I think the point is for citizens to be able to protect themselves from the government.

Gavin said:
I think the point is for citizens to be able to protect themselves from the government.

Maybe that was the idea. Maybe it wasn't.

The idea that the 2nd amendment was there to allow citizens to have guns to protect themselves from their government, if it ever was the intent of the amendment in the first place (there is widespread disagreement and little true understanding of the amendment), is an obsolete notion at best.

If that was the intent, then that purpose is all but useless today. I say that because there was a time when if the citizens had a musket, so did the goverment forces. But today, we have guns at best and our government has nukes, tanks, battleships, apaches, and stealth bombers. Clearly if the intent is as some claimed, that intent and therefore the amendment has little "teeth" left in today's world.

When it comes to the Constitution I am a literalist. I take the written word literally, and then frame that literal meaning into the timeframe that it was written. So, for me, the 2nd amendment simply means, in layman's terms:

Citizens have the right to keep weapons so that they may be called upon in time of need to protect the country.

Even that clearly literal intreptation of the 2nd amendment is obsolete, IMHO. Today, citizens don't need weapons to help protect our country, as we don't have a draft, and for those that volunteer for service are provided thei needed weapons.

There may have been a time that the 2nd ammendment could have meant:

- People should be allowed to have guns to protect themselves from their govt

or

- People should be allowed to have guns to help protect their country

However, those times are clearly past. Those times, those justifications, and those interpretations of the 2nd amendment simply don't make sense anymore.

Of course, an interpretation of the 2nd amendment being that "people should be allowed to have guns to protect themselves", is one that many like to quote and cling to. However, the simple fact is that there is really no credible, bastardized version of the text of the 2nd amendment that can be warped into any assemblage of that meaning. That meaning, that interpretation, though many think is there, is simply not there.

Read more on Wiki about the 2nd ammendment...

TJR

Gary,

that is not the case. I do and I am very capable of speaking my mind. My ONLY point was / is, I just found it ironic to throw stones and then say it is done.

To clarify, how can it be done once you have thrown the stone? You may be done, but I would fully expect to see stones come back at you.

I NEVER said you had lost respect, I did say you could have gained some.

You, as well as everyone on this board has the right to express themselves, I never said or implied anything pertaining to restricting your views / opinions or those of others.

In the end, all that matters is that things are said in a respectful manner. Without respect, your message/views/opinions get lost,,,, in my opinion...

kevin,

it's no secret, tom & i both throw stones. in the end, like i told tom, we probably would sit down and have a beer and have a good time. i told tom this numerous times and someday that day will come. i don't disrespect anyone here, i just say whats on my mind, feelings hurt or not.

i don't need to gain respect. i know who i am and what i do.

tom is welcome to reply to my last post, but i think we agree that this was going nowhere.

your opininon is just that, YOUR opininon. before you pass judgement, think about it.

now is this done ?????

As you said, sitting down and having a beer is doable regardless of on-line opinions.

I wasn't passing judgment on you, just the comment was all.

Order a beer... Were done..

I travel all over the world and still prefer good ol American beer when I do have one.

I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking, so Coors Light is my norm...

I have three layovers in Newark area in the month of January, maybe we can meet up...

agree on the domestic. i drink the real expensive natural light. LOL :banana:

sure, i have to visit our jersey office ( rutherford ) a few times this month.

let me know

Latest posts