Don't Flame me, racial profiling

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about letting folks carry guns on planes and in airports? How about more freedom instead of less?

I would agree with this one.

Just because I, you, or the other guy, has a gun does not mean I am more likely to use it to settle an argument. I know when I am armed in public, I find myself being a nicer person. I do not get as upset at the moron cutting me off. I do not get upset at that jerk running 100+ MPH on the interstate.

Tom

gunfire on an aircraft

Yea, you are right. Bombs on aircraft is so much better.:smile0007:

This is not about shoot outs on an aircraft. This is about the bad guy knowing he ain't got a chance so he does not act like a bad guy. :smile0017:

Tom

Hey guys,

They do profile at the airports, just not the way you think. If you buy a ticket at the last minute, you going to get searched. Doesn't even matter if the government purchases the ticket. While I was stationed in Hawaii, I had to go to California for desert training. They were flying us over on civilian airplanes while in uniform. My team got called up to fly 3 hours before the flight left. All ten of us got searched in front of everyone. Of course I was embarrassed and even some civilians were complaining about us getting searched. At the end of the whole ordeal, I just looked at the supervisor in charge and told him "You're F**King welcome for your freedom." They don't care what race, sex or religion.

As far as using the military as a police force, this could be good and bad. We are better trained than any rent a cop or even the police. In turn we are more aggressive and that can cause a lot of problems. Me personally, if I have my M4 and someone looks like they are going to do some harm or even if someone warns me about him or her, I'll shoot first and not bother asking questions. I rather play it safe. We are more likely to shoot someone than the rent a cop and police. We are being used as a police force around the world. Right after 9/11, we were everywhere all over the country, acting as the police and in many areas, conducting marshell law.

Do you really want us protecting everything again?

so if you were on that ams-dtt flight, what would have you done?

start shooting at the person carrying the make shift bomb.

200 plus other people on a full aircraft. do you relalize the potential disaster.

if some idiot is bent on committing a terrosit act, you lil gun is not going to prevent it

re: Don't Flame me, racial profiling by Todd Z,12/28/2009 21:33 ET

Agree the system is fubar, agree the guy is an idiot.....

As for profiling, i would not want it done to every Italian because they are know for being "wise-guys"

That may not be a good example, But profiling is wrong, i would not want it done to me...

i feel the system needs to be fixed...

Todd Z

Todd what are you talking about, there's no such thing as an Italian wiseguy.

Once upon a time there was the mafia, (Thats the Mother's And Father's Italian Association)

Don't worry though, Now were just a bunch of guineas playin boccie!

:smile0015:

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of too many conceal and carry citizens. I would rather see many more air marshals that are crack shots.

As gary said, can you imagine the bullets flying from the private citizens. They are not trained for in close combat and Identification of the problem.

start shooting at the person carrying the make shift bomb.

200 plus other people on a full aircraft. do you relalize the potential disaster.

if some idiot is bent on committing a terrosit act, you lil gun is not going to prevent it

So, those with a gun are going to start shhoting al over the place? Where do you come up with these things?

My "little" gun gun can kill a man with only one shot. Point blank into his head and he is dead.

I am not saying I advocate allowing everyone into an aircraft with a gun. What I am saying is that not allowing us to have one is not keeping us safe. Those that are hell bent on commiting acts of terror are going to find a way to do it. Be it sticking some type of bomb into a body cavity, separating the ingredients into separate containers and then mixing while on the craft, or having someone on the inside.

Short of making EVERYONE strip down naked, travel through a flourescope, not allowing any baggage of any kind, etc. we will never be safe in the air.

We have a tendency to think we are safe when we think nobody has gun. We are only fooling ourselves.

Tom

tom,

the potential is very real for out of control gunfire in this case. do you think this idiot could give a crap if you had a gun. if he was successful, your gun wouldn't have done jack.

the problem here is terrorism. it will never go away.

if you believe your gun is going to stop it, you need a reality check

i agree with your statement, we will never be safe in the air. but it's just not in the air, it's everywhere. here or overseas.

Wow, racial profiling and segregation on the same thread. :smile0006:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
do you think this idiot could give a crap if you had a gun. if he was successful, your gun wouldn't have done jack.

If he was not able to "finish the job", he would not get his "reward".

By the comments you make, you do not understand the purpose of concealed carry and why it works for the safety of all, but I digress.

Simply put, and I will try to put it in your language...

the system isnt working as it is now we need to do something differently what it exactly is is a mr-e for all something needs to be done

Did that help any?

Tom

Caymen, I don't think I would want to see the legal rot involved in someone carrying a concealed firearm on a plane--I don't think it'd be possible to work out. Flying over Vermont (F grade from Brady Campaign--thus A+ from me) would require no permit, but then you fly over nyc and get busted for possession, courtesy of bloomberg?

Though repealing our stupid weapons laws would be a great step forward, considering that now congress is contemplating banning assisted-open knives even (not that you need 2 hands to open most folding knives anyhow...), I don't think that will ever happen. Sadly, I don't see how a gun would have stopped this idiot from joining the solo mile high club in the bathroom and detonating himself, leading him to cripple America by raining divine shrapnel down upon our most sacred city of Detroit (sarcasm--but seriously, why detroit?!)

Though being stripped naked and scanned won't keep bombs off of planes, people will find a way, we all know it.

i agree with caymen somewhat, bomb on a plane, guns will be of no help,IMO

trained private carry people at colombine, at v tech, could have saved many lives, same on the 911 planes, when people were against box cutters, we will never know what could have, might have been,have always been against private carry in the past.

but am changing my mind about it in the future.

always been against private carry in the past.

but am changing my mind about it in the future.

My cousin is pregnant. She finally "gets it". Now that she has a child developing inside of her, she is starting to see the evil in this world. She used to put me and Theresa down for our intrest in guns and shooting. She recently called me asking what she has to do to get a CCW permit.

I am sure most peoiple would agree with me on this one.

The best part is that your choice not to carry is your choice. Please do not make it your choice that I can not carry. I am protecting you without your knowledge.

I am responaible for my protection. The police are here to uphold the law and NOT to protect me.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. A woman near my sisters home was killed by an intruder. Her friend offered her a gun, but she turned it down. If only she would have accepted the gun...

I am not saying she would have lived, but she would have had a chance. In a life or death situation, a chance is all I would ever ask for. One slim chance.

Tom

tom,

i don't think you understand the real world.

you gun is not going to stop terrorism. so if 50 people onboard the aircraft had concealed guns, this idiot would not attempt to commit his act?

it could have been all over before you even knew what was going on.

welcome to the real world

Latest posts