DMH E-Cutout w/ Dynomax 88340 Exhaust Dump

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you running the stock cats?

Is your Dump a Dynomax or the Flowtech that comes with the kit from DMH?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you remember what part number the Dynomax dump was?

http://www.dynomax.com/ecat/pdfs/ssdumps.pdf

I'm guessing it's 88340 since it's the only 2.5" unit. I'm just not sure about the rest of the data on the chart.

I can't see well in these pics here on my crappy work come but, is yours all welded in or did you clamp it together?

Other than the Dump and the downturn, is there anything else I'll need to install this?

Yeah that's exactly what I'm going to do also.

Do you remember what part number the Dynomax dump was?

http://www.dynomax.com/ecat/pdfs/ssdumps.pdf

I'm guessing it's 88340 since it's the only 2.5" unit. I'm just not sure about the rest of the data on the chart. Can you confirm?

Other than the Dump and the downturn, is there anything else I'll need to install this?

You could get 'em from him, or a local exhaust store. Any parts store should have the clamps.

I wasn't sure I needed them because you don't see them in the DMH e-cutout kit picture. I'll probably just get them at the Midas shop when they install it on either my truck or her car.

I'm pretty sure that it won't fit under her car. They recommend a heat shield and a downturn on the nasioc.com site. Most of the people that have them installed in the midpipe complain about smashing them off crap all the time. The snow and crappy roads that thrive in upstate NY would make this a huge problem for her WRX. I've got to just bring it to Midas ans see if it will indeed fit or not.

I know it will fit on my STA perfectly.

So it needs a gasket between the flange and the cutout and the cutout and the downturn? Basically 2 gaskets? That should be it unless I'm not seeing something.

Blue is actually my favorite color and if the STA came in blue I would have considered it. However, I like having matching colors with my Fiance's WRX lol :p

Latest posts