Disney World Vacation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stay in their economy hotels, the all star sports was great, and you have free buss service to all the parks!...

Todd Z

Are you or anyone in your family Military? If so, very hard hard to beat Shades Of Green Resort.

Prices are based on your E rating. E 5's pay $69.00 a night. It is on Disney Grounds. Great golf course. Free transportation to and from all the parks. You can buy discount tickets right at the hotel for all the parks. Hopper passes and what not.

Was there in March '04, and stayed at a nice place called the World Gate Hotel--it's now the Radisson Resort Worldgate. Very nice hotel, very near all the attractions, quiet--and I got it for only $35 a night on Priceline.com.

To learn more about it, check out www.biddingfortravel.com--a site for Priceline bidders to learn more about that company's system, and share info on what successes and failures they've had. And check prices on this particular hotel on Orbitz--sometimes they're low enough there that you can get it as cheaply there as you can on priceline, which is a rarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Staying on the property is great - free transport, early entry, etc.

All Star Sport and All Star Music are the cheapest.

But if you are going in Sept and don't have reservations yet, all I can say is:

Good Luck

:)

I've stayed at the All Star resport many times. It is very resonable (for Disney) about $70 night. It is on property, so you get shuttle service for the whole part. Lots of pools too! If you like football, stay in that section. You have a turf field outside with giant X's and O's.

We stayed at the Holiday Villas when we were there last Dec. Nothing special, but not too expensive and they had full kitchen and were convenient drive to the parks.

We saved money by eating many evening and breakfast meals in the "room" (more like a townhouse ala Residence Inn).

If you like seafood, there is a place called "Cap'n Nemos" in a strip mall just down the road. Doesn't look like much inside or out, but the all-you-can-eat lobster and crab legs was AWESOME!

TJR

I agree with the others. Definitely try to stay at one of the hotels on the resort. Especially if you don't plan on going anywhere else but Disney world. You'll save a ton on gas and parking fees, not to mention the convenience of having the Disney shuttle taking you to and from each park right from your hotel.

We went two years ago in September, and I believe that's the best time of year to go. Not too hot, and the crowds and lines weren't bad at all. Since it's after Labor Day, most everyone is back to school. We didn't have to FastPass any rides/attractions. The longest I waited for anything was maybe 10 minutes at the most!

This to definitely not miss:

1. Mission Space @Epcot--Awesome ride!

2. The laser/light show @Epcot

3. Fireworks @ The Magic Kingdom

4. If you're taking children, get reservations for a character breakfast. They'll have a blast!

5. The Tower of Terror @Disney/MGM Grand.

That's all I can think of for now... If anyone can think of anything else, let's hear it!

1. Mission Space @Epcot--...to die for!

(sorry, the 10 year old boy that died on that ride was from our town).

It is a cool ride though.

TJR

Stay on site- well worth it- parking is expensive if not. Have stayed at the deluxe Beach Club and the moderate Caribbean Beach Resort. The Beach Club is great, with character breakfasts, concierge service and the like, but not worth almost $150 more a night. The Caribbean Beach rooms are well done with Mexican tile and the pool and restaurant are close by. We paid about $130 a night for the Beach Club and it was worth it. Have Fun!

That's two people who have said staying on site is better because of parking. I have to disagree.

Parking was only $8/day (last Dec) and transferrable between all the parks for that day. A 3 bedroom, two bath villa with full kitchen is $105 a night...and sometimes you can even beat that rate (we only paid $75 a night last December). The difference more than covers the parking, and you get so much more room, and have the option to cook if you want (at least cereal in the morning).

And, if you drive, you set your own schedule and gain at least an hour a day that you would normally spend on a bus or waiting for a bus each end of the day.

I have tried it both ways....stayed at the Contemporary, stated at Old Key West, and stayed at local (5 minute away) off-site hotels/condos...and I have to say, the best and cheapest was when we stayed off-site.

TJR

Stay at the resort where the "Tram" visits. It makes easy access to all of the parks. Also, get a "hopper" pass...allows you to go to all the parks for one price, regardless of how many times you go to each park. We used it several times because some of the rides were busy or closed, so we would just go back at a later time.

Charlie, DO you have optimum??...

There is a Disney channel, free videos and stuff...

We try to go every 2 years...

Todd Z

If you stay off site and don't want to pay the $8 a day to park... Go to the Boardwalk, park there and then take a liesurely boat ride to the park. One advantage to this is short lines for the boat ride back to the Boardwalk at the end of the day. If I remember correctly you can go to Epcot and MGM from the boats at the Boardwalk. The monorail and ferry boat lines can be a real pain if you stay to watch the fireworks or laser show at the end of the night. Also, the Boardwalk is fun, they have the ESPN zone, other shops and roving performers to entertain the kids (adults too).