Decisions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dads Tractors

Reaction score
So. I have about $150-$200 to spend and have to decide between these two.

1. Warrior shackle lift. Will it look weird with factory sized wheels/tires? Will it impact driving? And could it lead to more expenses (a Nebraska vehicle underneath)?

2. A Westin Safari Bar and mounts. I found both for $125 shipped.

I would of preferred the body lift over the shackles and torsion bar adjustment. Theres not much flex in our front suspension and I would rather leave it at stock settings. I did 200 miles down a forest service road and broke a front stabilizer end link and pulled the upper shock through its upper its rubber mount, looks good with the shackle lift though. Tough time getting the original left shackle off. :driving:

You never mentioned if you had a 4x4 or a 2wd ? Since I was never an Off-Road geek I would not waste my money on either?

I prefer a lowered look for a street driven truck, so I would look at lowering blocks for the rear, Torsion Bar adjustment for the front and much better shocks absorbers.

....Rich

I like my RS5000's, have them front and rear. With stock shocks @191k miles, the Warriors made the rear end bouncy because the shocks were bottoming out and the springs were tighter, but the RS5000's helped that A LOT. Good investment. Add-a-leaf may be a better option for the back anyway although shackles may be easier.

Use the RS5374 valved for up to a 2" lift if you plan on doing a front TT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided against the lift. What Monroe shock #'s would fit my trac? Little weary on the ranchos because of the stiffness. I drive mainly highways with occassional gravel. This is my daily driver and I highway drive about 30 miles a day.

If you want comfort, the OE Spectrum (formerly SensaTrac) are probably the shocks for you. Mine are still strong after 32k. #37177 front and #37035 rear. (RWD)

After thinking it through I decided to go with upgrades that would fit my lifestyle a bit more closely. Decided to go Monroe Reflex shocks all around....I did find some discontinued fronts. I also went with an old school Yakima ski rack to be used for my fishing poles. Decided against the Westin Safari for now but did find one on Amazon for a good price. I did get my linex bedliner sprayed in the interior with new neoprene and vinyl. Also got my sound system upgraded. About once a year I get on this kick of adding to my ST

For others who may read this, I also have OE Spectrum (formerly SensaTrac) on both my STs. Installed them on the front of the '02 18 months ago (air shocks on the rear), and both front and rear on the '01 last summer. I like them - reasonably firm, but not harsh. They really tightened both the suspension and steering on the '01. The original shocks were totally shot after 150,000 miles on the '01, so with the new shocks it felt like I was driving a different truck.

Both trucks are just street driven.

The original shocks were bad when they left the assy line........

I went with rancho @ 1500miles.......

Latest posts