Daytona Race Track Flooded

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Circling? Sounds like my last trip to DisneyWorld. Couldn't land cuz of a storm, circled till the pilot said were running low on fuel, we will try to get to Atlanta. Boy, thats good to hear that we will 'try' to make it to the nearest gas station! so we went to Atlanta, waited it out. told the misses the storm will probably come here next. Yup, sitting on the tarmac, I could see this large black mass coming our way. We couldn't leave the plane, homeland security and all. So, the pilot says the storm has left Florida, but as you can see its here now. We can take off if we can find someone to flag us onto the runway.

There is thunder and lightning, but we got lucky, some ground crew folks came and helped us taxi out.

So, what should have been a 6 hour flight turned into 12. Wont talk about the way home that took over 2 days!

So, what should have been a 6 hour flight turned into 12. Wont talk about the way home that took over 2 days!

Wow...that'salmost amtrak level performance. (Or lack thereof)

Driving really is the best option; no one can "ground" you, and no homeland security bs can keep you locked in a tin can. I was stuck in an amtrak "prison" for 12+ hours, and the irony was that we were within 2 miles of our destination (Union Station, Chicago).

Do planes actually have those emergency inflatable slides? If so, I'd be using one if I was stuck on there for hours. Been there, done that, and it's something I never want to do again.